Raleigh RSP 853 FRS - Welsh connection p4...

Re: Raleigh RSP 853 FRS - changed my mind, AGAIN!

Good choice, it'll stop on a sixpence (that's retro talk for very quickly, for those who don't have a clue what a sixpence is).

Yes, even with 'The Incredible Bulk' in the saddle... :facepalm:

I like Direct Curve V's. I have them on my Roberts and a spare pair waiting in the wings for when I get the Fuquay on its wheels. They are nice powerful brakes and modulate really well. I will have Avid BB5's on the Lloyd, I've never had discs on a mtb before, so that will be an interesting experience.

I really like what you are doing with the RSP and I'm looking forward to hearing how it rides.

Yes, I like the V's too but I've been on the lookout for a/some II's because the slightly 'chunkier' design suits the RSP more...

...and I've put the BB7's on my Explosif, 180mm front/160mm rear, with some ridiculously light gold ano CNC'd levers SWMBO bought for my birthday :cool:

We_are_Stevo":8c10dc8p said:
Yes, I like the V's too but I've been on the lookout for a/some II's because the slightly 'chunkier' design suits the RSP more...

I'm with you there and actually think the 2's are better in same respect that the 3's.

Perhaps not as well liked cos of the brand but 1 or 2 of the tektro mechanical disc brakes work really well.

Re: Raleigh RSP 853 FRS - rain stopped play! :(

98% finished, raring to take it out for a spin but simply cannot be fecked to get that wet...

...Damn! :(

Blimey!

Just got the digital scales out...

...33lbs! :shock:

First 28lbs+ bike I've had since my Saracen DH monster back around the turn of the Century!

This is going back to Wales with me after the B/H; I'll post some photo's next month...

...if I survive! :shock:

Back