Aviemore National Meet Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you cant hear us snore :LOL:

After a wee bit of Google Earthing I think we should pray for little to no rain prior to Saturdays ride as we need to ford 2 rivers and several burns twice each. DaveDH did this run in his youth and said if its peeing down at least one crossing might be hazardous. Wow proper adventure, i'll be bringing my neoprene watersport shoes to change into for the fords, i hate wet feet in wet shoes.

Also a representative from UKFatbikes other than Firedfromthecircus, Jamie or me said he'd be along, calls himself Epicyclo, threatening to bring a 1930's roadster he's shaking down for his entry to Strathpuffer Lite :D

lol Velo - think ye can chuck them neoprene things back across the river to me lol.

might try and buy a pair o flip flops.

FFTC can ye no cancel and move doon beside us munters ?

Dave, I'll pick you up, no probs. I think we need to think about tents and pitches?

We've got 4 in Keiths, and then we've got Dave and his 4 man (or his monster marquee)... Time to split?

Rothiemurchus very popular and booked solid, no room for big tents only wee 2 man jobs and spaces limited even for those. Glenmore less popular but bigger and plenty room for big tents. Ideally suited for Sunday ride as the meet point is there.

I thought Robmac was having his own tent and thus only 3 in Keiths ?

If Rob would share we could split equally between 2 big tents, possibly house Firedfromcircus.

last i heard from Rob he's in his own tent but he's not booked in to Glenmore yet!

my tent currently has 3 in it - was going to offer rob 1st refusal incase he disna book his 2 man tent in but can take 1 other if rob disna need it.

think rob is keen to try out is new Tera nova tent out.

i can add a person to my booking no bother i think.

I'm booked, paid etc at Rothie so I'll just stay there. The saturday ride is from there anyway isn't it?
If no-one else is at Rothie and I find the lonelyness terminal I may visit you at the seaside. :LOL:

braw - that was my only worry about the glenmore....nae pub.

i will bring some firelogs and the BBQ so can keep warm round tent. they were ok with us using the firelogs last time as long as we kept them well clear of the tents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back