Retro is taking over!

I feel the same, I never ride my stumpjumper fsr, it just sits in the shed, whereas I ride my 1998 (alright not technically retro!) Explosif all the time, it just feels better for riding on the South Downs than my heavyish full suss. If I was you, I'd keep my eye out for a 1999 Mount Vision, they're lovely bikes and actually won races so you know they have decent pedigree.

This might stay cheap, and it's your size!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marin-Mount-V ... 232b0b4f9a

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
...just picked this up today...in a bad way ish but salvagable...for £30 you can't argue!

Attachments

• P1050250.jpg
    P1050250.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 315
I loved my early Mt. Vision to bits but a later Wolf Ridge with the Hope upgrade was just not the same.

If you ever get bored of that btw....

file.php

£30 bargain ! :shock: Really like those.
Where do you lot get these deals from ? I don't think many components on my Scalpel cost under £30 and here you are with a whole bike for that ! I'm always on the lookout for something like this to make into a nice little runabout. Not jealous at all .... nope .... not even a little .... ;)

trek_y":rubur3e1 said:
Where do you lot get these deals from ? I don't think many components on my Scalpel cost under £30 and here you are with a whole bike for that ! I'm always on the lookout for something like this to make into a nice little runabout. Not jealous at all .... nope .... not even a little .... ;)

I find them spending hours scouring ebay!!! Its not rideable though and will take a fair few pennies to get to a good state...

trek_y":2x1khohl said:
I paid 17 quid for a xt equipped trek 8000 but love that marin

Back