Mavic 501 laced to?

ugo.santalucia

Retro Guru
I have got hold of a very rare Mavic 501 rear hub with 24 holes, didn't know they existed at such low spoke count... any idea what to lace it to?
Ideally a late 80-early 90 rim, possibly with a bit of profile, needs to be stiff enough for low spoke count construction... would even go carbon, but I can't face changing pads all the time
Tubular would be best

Presumably something from the Mavic CXP range will suit? a bit later than my era though :)

Shaun

Don't come as 24 and hardly exciting...

Anyone has any experience with Campagnolo Omega V? Braking OK? I had some Wolber Profil 18, very similar and the braking was juddering to say the least

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i have a mavic 501 front 24 hole wheel, the rim is a 650c wolber tx profile i think, i assume aimed at the TT or track riders.

I have spotted a set of Omega V at 24 holes... my concern with rims like that is whether the braking will be as awful as the Wolber Profil 18... I loved them, but just could not use them... the bulge at the rim joint was gigantic

Back