Saturday chippy night what's your fav?

The History Man":cen8sz6j said:
Large Haddock, Large Chips...but mushy peas or curry sauce? and of course DIET Coke :mrgreen:

Why not have both, they go so well together :D

Alison

twain":3ryp6u4p said:
The History Man":3ryp6u4p said:
Will you guys stop with the food thread! Just had to have another wagon wheel!!!!

Mrs HM is out for a meal tonight so i have free choice of the chip shop!!!!!!!!!!!! Trying to stave off hunger till then as on a diet and this will be my blowout meal.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saveloy

So apparently the saveloy started life as some sort of sausage made from pigs' brains*? Nom nom nom....not.

David

*Not to be confused with Brain's Faggots, which are made out of bits of pig, but not the brains. As far as I know.

Bpool77":3ecz1z7s said:
Could be a whole new thread there strange local food in your region??

Good idea. There's also the Yorkshire fishcake, which bears no resemblance to the little orange breaded things sold in the freezer section of the supermarket - it's quite a big thing, contains a piece of actual fish rather than minced-up stuff, and is filling on its own even without the portion of chips!

David

David B":3omfkbyg said:
Bpool77":3omfkbyg said:

Good idea. There's also the Yorkshire fishcake, which bears no resemblance to the little orange breaded things sold in the freezer section of the supermarket - it's quite a big thing, contains a piece of actual fish rather than minced-up stuff, and is filling on its own even without the portion of chips!

David

Well, nearly 13 years in Yorkshire and I've never heard of the Yorkshire fishcake :shock: But then, nearly 13 years in Yorkshire and I don't know anyone in Yorkshire :roll: :facepalm:

Alison

Isaac_AG":1wwbyfqd said:
David B":1wwbyfqd said:
Bpool77":1wwbyfqd said:

David

Well, nearly 13 years in Yorkshire and I've never heard of the Yorkshire fishcake :shock: But then, nearly 13 years in Yorkshire and I don't know anyone in Yorkshire :roll: :facepalm:

Alison

Might be one of these things that's going/gone out of fashion? Some Sheffield chippies (The Admiral in Crookes for a kick-off) sold them when I was studying there (mid 90s), whilst further north Drakes (formerly Petergate Fisheries) in York city centre might well still do, they certainly did when I lived there about 10 years ago.

David

Back