Orange P7 nickel

MITCHELL777

Dirt Disciple
Can anyone help me after reading many stories of P7 restorations I am finding it hard to find anyone to re lacquer my frame. I live in the Berkshire area and after contacting some of the bike shops found none would touch my frame in its bear state of nickel plate. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great.

Cheers

sure, wheels get done all the time so I'm sure if the plate is still good and not lifting anywhere, it should be fine.

try Argos cycles in bristol, they re-lacquered mine but they'll only do it if the plating is pretty much spot on, this is because otherwise the frame continues to rust under the lacquer and they wouldn't want to do it if that was the case

i'm a regular with them and also ex trade so they did me a little deal as it was about the 3rd frame with them is as many months, basically they stripped the last of the lacquer gave it a quick scotch brighting then lacquered it so only about 90 if memory serves but usually i think they'd usually charge more as there is usually some more metal prep to make the plating look even but mine was pretty mint to be fair so they didn't have to put in too much effort.

I recently stripped my 1996 P7 back to bare nickel and like you had a couple of places refuse to lacquer but after another RB recomendation I used C&G Finishes in Merseyside 4 coats of clear £73 inc postage back to me. My frame was lightly pitted all over and worse at the BB, its only been a month but so far so good.

Back