UMMA GUMMA

ozone1

Retro Guru
Just picked this up for the equivilent of 13 GBP - if anyone has another I would be interested

Attachments

• IMG_8490.JPG
    IMG_8490.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_8492.JPG
    IMG_8492.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 377
My favourite tyre of all time! £13 was a steal! :shock:

I wish they'd reproduce these :(

Via the medium of twitter i asked Specialized a while ago if they would reproduce the original Ground Controls and they replied that they were not aware of any demand. If someone were to start a Facebook group asking for the Ground Controls and other tyres to be made it might work?

ozone1":3efxrgv2 said:
What did we do before social media and the net :D
Personal visits, letters, phone, petitions, telegrams. Communication was still possible, and probably better as it is far too easy now for anyone to voice an opinion/talk rubbish when in the not too distant past, it required some effort which put off the more maronic of the population (of which there are many).

Back on topic, you'll be lucky to get another tyre for a price like £13. More like £60+ for new.

ah the good old days, when you rode a bike without a helmet, :D

Yeah $13 was pretty sharp, but i'm happy to pay market price for a matching tyre

no alas, got it on line, there's not much around the local shops anymore unfortunatly, or though I did get a set of XTR cant pads and a set of XTR v brake inserts but i think thats as far as the rabbit hole goes :?

Back