HELP: Rear wheel keeps coming out of drop outs...

LOL

Repairing holes? I have not seen that here for a long time. I was at CicliSport in Castledawson a while ago (Stephen Roche was there)and the roads near there are superb - i was with Will911 (RBer) and i could not get over how good the roads were between Coleraine and CicliSport - he looked at me every time i mentioned the great condition of the roads down there as he is used to good roads around Coleraine and the north coast. I honestly could not belive it as i ma used to car suspension wearing out etc with the roads near home!!

Am i ranting yet? I am getting close so i will stop now!!

Richard

I'm sure they will do a bit of work with the Giro coming in 2014 - whatever route it will take. Who knows, maybe they will head to Ballymena!

Checked out the CicliSport website - it's an interesting story. Will have to call past and check it out. My LBS went bust here in Bangor, leaving me with only a Halfords. There is a Chain Reaction up in Belfast but it was always nice being able to pop round the corner for an inner tube.

N

I hope they go all round Ballymena but i think i am living in hope there. I expect that and money will be spent in Belfast. I have a Halfords and Lintons bike shop, there is a LBS in Portglenone - Bike Shack too. Have you visited Decathelon (beside Ikea) - the staff are great in there and the two bike buys i spoke with were incredibly helpful and i would not hesitate to recommend it and their prices are good too (important for my Ballymena blood)!!!

Here is a link to the CicliSport day out -

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=245470

It is a great shop but bring a couple of credit cards with you!!! The bits and bobs for sale are all good stuff, i did not see any cheap ranges, and you pay for good stuff.

Richard

Well,

I ordered what I thought were the right Skewers but the rear when fully tightened needed to go another few mill. #annoying

f72eddcb4a29957767700ba7ef505f3d_zps35d119d0.jpg

My modern Skewer is threaded longer and can accommodate 126mm.

I have ordered the correct rear skewerfor 126mm (from SJS Cycles). If it arrives before the end of the week I can get out for a spin at the weekend.

I'll keep the front Skewer that arrived yesterday, install the SJS rear, and sell the one above.

N

Far be it from me to comment about mechanical issues - but i think (and i could be totally wrong) that the lower skewer, the new one, would be fine on a new bike with 'lawyers lips' - so you might get some use out of it.

Richard

Hi Richard,

thanks for the feedback - I'm all sorted now. The new Skewer for 126mm arrived from SJSCycles and is a great fit. I will hopefully get out a nice run on Monday to test it out.

I should have clarified the pic above: the skewer at the top was the rear that I ordered as a set of 2 (front and rear) internal cam skewers, but it didn't thread far enough for a 126 rear. The skewer at the bottom of the pic came with my wheels when I bought them, and does thread far enough for 126mm, but this was the "offending" skewer that wouldn't grip my rear dropouts.

I'll consign both of these to the spares box, and when I get my alloy frame built up again (probably for next winter) one of these skewers can find a new home.

N

Back