Aviemore National Meet Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZZ me an rob were chattin last night re transport. conclusion was that 3 big lads and a wee lad plus 4 bikes plus tent gear, beds etc and then our biking gear and overnight gear then time rob packs his make up and hair gels....conclusion was that its probably gonna be a bit of a squeeze in one car.

taking 2 cars will let me pack tarpaulin, 4xchairs, cooker and gas bottle plus kettles mugs etc etc to make the camping experience a wee bit better so we thought that 2 cars is best.

does everyone have sleeping bags and blaw up beds ?

how about we take your car as well as robs and i supply all above mentioned camping gear etc ?

then the 4 o us can share the petrol costs plus us 3 (cos robs wanting privacy) share the cost o the tent pitch - sound ok ?

if so suggest we rondesvous at my bit at 2.45pm pack by 3.30 and will be in aviemore 6 latest ?

Reckon I'm still on for this one. I will try and book the campsite on thursday. Should be up there on Friday evening. :cool:

Won't be retro though. :oops:

Keith - that all sounds good. Blow up beds? Don't even own a doll...

TK - what are your transport plans? Not sure if you're coming up for both days? Can pick you up, God knows you've done enough driving over the years.

I am 100% definately going to be there on the Sunday, may make the Saturday as well (depending how things pan out on the Friday night)
bth_burp.gif
:LOL:

Anyone else going to be single-speeding it? Think I better change my gearing :shock:

jimo746":34u8djga said:
Anyone else going to be single-speeding it? Think I better change my gearing :shock:

I'm considering it. According to the profile on map my ride I have ridden the steepest section of the saturday route ss before. Only had to push a few short sections, and that was as much down to a lack of technical proficiency as the steepness! :LOL:

The Sunday run is def doable SS Mate.

ZZ think I have spare bed plus sleeping bag u can borrow. If not ill bring the queen size bed an we can cozy up big boy!

Velo u needing a bed?

The first run involves at least 2 river fordings in either direction so in case you dont like wet feet come prepared ;)

I'll be there all weekend now as I cant bale via the train on Sunday due to all trains being packed with bicycles so there is no room for me. Bank Holiday weekends.........Baaaaa :roll:

HEADS UP - called rothiemurchus this morning and can't get the 4 man tent in as loads o folk have extended through the week!!!

still a couple of spaces for single/2 man tents but move quick.

Gonna book into Glemore. Rothie took my name but they are not hopeful they will have anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back