lets see your retro road action photos ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Re: lets see your 80s photos ...

Wow, Keith what a great bike, I love to see how riders built their bikes at the time (like the earlier pics of the TT bikes without bar tape) rather than how restorers build them now what type of frame is that?

Steven

Keith,

Congratulations for your impending birthday!!! I had not really realised that there were such senior RB members. I bet you have some stories to tell - maybe you could consider a thread of stories from your earlier years in cycling, i am sure there would be others who would be interested.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!

Richard

1986 outside of Aberdeen on club 10 event I think

keithglos":3vjsbm80 said:
Correct Paul, I don't know what the watch was for, I was the one who turned up for a time trial with a sun dial on the handlebars. It must have been my road vest, as Mrs B either had red and white vertical stripes above light blue, or for longer distance dark blue with red sleeves road vest.
Keith

I remember the Gordano kit as having the striped top section but in the black and white days of 'Cycling' it wasn't clear what the colours actually were. Was the 'official' BCF registered version the purple and white as you're wearing in the photo and others that Mrs B, Mr H and Miss H wore in TT's their own thing?

Wasn't Blue with Red sleeves the BCF national jersey then?

I thought I would be in trouble for hijacking this thread.

Steven, Built by Les Vince of Walcot St in Bath, cast lugs, 73 x 71 butted 531, pale green with black box panels. In a world of fixed wheels I was obviously BLRC. When RTTC were geared high at 84 in 1951 I used a 50 x 13 (103 47x50, 13-21) in a league time trial, with help from the weather.

Richard, Thanks for your kind comments, I will consider your suggestion.

Paul, What can I say? Little sister H, well known for turning donkeys into bipeds, usually wore silver with stars.
The ladies team usually had red and white vertical stripes with pale blue below.

Keith

Here is my late 80s photo :D

ist2_1146510_little_sperm.jpg

Great thread guys, and also what a great 50s bike keithglos showed us.

KidDynamite":1g6eecah said:
Great thread guys, and also what a great 50s bike keithglos showed us.

I've edit the thread title to give it more legs.

Nob":337ws5pg said:
1986 outside of Aberdeen on club 10 event I think
PMP cranks! A true TT addition for any low profile that did absolutely nothing to increase the speed of the bike but also lowered your bank account considerably :facepalm:

Nice looking Lo Pro though.

Seems this thread is dying somewhat :( Time scale 1986 to 1992ish, so heres a few on me friends....

Will add more later on!

paulwass_zpsfb9e79e0.jpg

mrc_zps7ebe17f9.jpg

jeremykirchin1_zpsf6c4cfaf.jpg

jeremykirchin_zps37ed39a2.jpg

ianwood_zps5de5e123.jpg

darrencooper_zpsc5c65196.jpg

ChrisWalker_zps8134a08a.jpg

chrisroy1_zpsf529d63c.jpg

chrisroy_zps8506e246.jpg

Back