2012 Nukeproof Mega

Re: 2012 Nukeproof Mega *work in progress*

20 miles today on my local loop, weather was great, but had been hammering down most of the week, so whilst most of the route was dry/fast there were some very muddy/flooded sections!.....

89E21A2F-88D0-4CB5-8750-BEC5E54D6A1D-4263-000001823D29E80C.jpg

I broke out in a cold sweat and couldn't bare to leave it that dirty for any longer.....

C518F335-9686-4256-9C4D-2F411CB4BC80-4263-0000018243818A1C.jpg

28FD8E45-A460-4AE6-B881-119E83FE3A5F-4263-00000182489353BE.jpg

D9009A2E-5FC6-4D2B-B495-3A3DB6C00F68-4263-000001824E4552A0.jpg

I want your bike its nice, have you performed a full nut and bolt re check yet.

Looking good...mine got in a similar state last week, it was hard to leave given my bike cleaning OCD! My road bike has more mud on it than my SX at the mo.

My bike is just dusty after today; the Chase was bone dry, running well and not too busy.

Where did you end up today?

Mindmap3":2dmz9ka2 said:
Looking good...mine got in a similar state last week, it was hard to leave given my bike cleaning OCD! My road bike has more mud on it than my SX at the mo.

My bike is just dusty after today; the Chase was bone dry, running well and not too busy.

Just at pines mate, did the Kitchener trail with one mate, then met another and did it again most of it was dry! Just a few huge puddles!

The thought of them hills at Cannock makes my legs hurt. I do fancy a session at style cop though!...

*AJ*":13t2wlvm said:
Mindmap3":13t2wlvm said:

Just at pines mate, did the Kitchener trail with one mate, then met another and did it again most of it was dry! Just a few huge puddles!

The thought of them hills at Cannock makes my legs hurt. I do fancy a session at style cop though!...

Those hills are good for you! It's a it better now the whole of the Monkey trail is open. They just need to sort out the Dog and open up High Voltage because that bit is ace fun.

Is the Kitchener trail the red up there?

After a 3 hour ride yesterday I was really struggling with back ache... I'm wondering if I've gone too low on the front end. Bars only have a 12mm rise and the stem is 0 rise @ 50mm long....

Thinking of changing to a higher rise bar and a stem with a bit of rise in it too, get me sitting up a bit more.

I'd give it a few more rides first; I found that having taken a break from riding for a while, suffered with back ache but it gradually got better as I became more used to riding again.

I was the same with the road bike; at first I found the lower, stretched out position hard work but now it feels natural.

Mindmap3":1htgt35s said:
I'd give it a few more rides first; I found that having taken a break from riding for a while, suffered with back ache but it gradually got better as I became more used to riding again.

I was the same with the road bike; at first I found the lower, stretched out position hard work but now it feels natural.

I haven't really had a break from riding though as I commute every day... Granted its only about 10 miles a day, but riding the MsIsle home I didn't feel anything at all from my back. Having sat on the mega again I also noticed that I have a lot more weight on my wrists on the mega too....

Isn't the Ms Ilse dinky though?

It might be just down to being more stretched out than you're used to was what I meant.

Back