Saturday chippy night what's your fav?

This chippy I've found is right near Salford central station and it blows any chippy from Blackpool away :shock: can't believe I typed that but every things fresh and bang on and cheap to :)

Probably a cliche but we had great f&c at the Magpie in Whitby. Tastes better when your looking at he sea.

Bpool77":ulyht9uq said:
This chippy I've found is right near Salford central station and it blows any chippy from Blackpool away :shock: can't believe I typed that but every things fresh and bang on and cheap to :)

The Lowry?

I have had mixed results with chippies over the years. Prefer small ones at a port, with genuine fresh catch.

We used to catch our fish and have it fried within minutes of getting the boat back in, now that is fresh!

If you're going to eat crap eat proper crap and be done with it. Pizza crunch all the way. Lunchtime staple for thousands of kids up here.

Cheap pizza battered and deep fried with chips and hunners of salt. That or haggis if I'm feeling all gourmet. Lungs, liver and heart with spices and soggy batter.

You can keep your pretensions of ethically sourced, straight from the sea bollocks. Life's too short. Or at least it is in Glasgow...

technodup":26jlwrvm said:
If you're going to eat crap eat proper crap and be done with it. Pizza crunch all the way. Lunchtime staple for thousands of kids up here.

Cheap pizza battered and deep fried with chips and hunners of salt. That or haggis if I'm feeling all gourmet. Lungs, liver and heart with spices and soggy batter.

You can keep your pretensions of ethically sourced, straight from the sea bollocks. Life's too short. Or at least it is in Glasgow...

...because of the diet :mrgreen:

mind you i had a lovely pizza a month or so ago....black pudding, crackling, suckling pig and roast apple.

the leftovers were an awesome breakfast.

Hylandsfler, yep that's the one the lowery, most round here are pizza/kebab shops havin ago at fish n chips

Tecnodup I've tried battered pizza from the chippy under the railway bridge at Glasgow central haha was ok ( had been drinkin all day tho! )

Apparently there's a butty van somewhere near me that's serves a bin lid barm with 2 sausages, a slice of black pudding and a spam fritter!

Personal favourite is haddock, chips and mushy peas (curry sauce as an occasional change!)

Haddock over cod for me every time. Possibly with a pickled onion on the side, not a great fan of chip shop peas.

Surprisingly, this topic is 2 pages in and without a mention (until I brought it up) of the peculiarly Black Country phemomenon that is the bright orange battered chip!

David

The History Man":2ys0hip2 said:
Probably a cliche but we had great f&c at the Magpie in Whitby. Tastes better when your looking at he sea.

We went there once when my oldest son was about 5, was having a lovely time all was tasting great, then he threw up on his dinner so it all went back to the kitchen and we left a little less like we wanted to eat anything for the rest of the day :cry:

I very rarely have anything from a chip shop but if I do it's always fish, chips, peas and curry sauce, can't abide those cheap chip shop sausages yuck.

Alison

i love a large cod or haddock. but i have to add, i'm favouring the savaloy recently. the sign of a good chip shop is if the savaloy can't fit on your plate.
and i absolutely smother it all in salt, ketchup and onion vinegar FTW!!!

jesus i am writing this way too close to lunch (brought a sensible Innocent veg pot to work today) yaaaaawwwwwwwn!

Back