PROFLEX XP-X FINISHED

royboy2cv

GT Fan
Hi all , i think its finished :) will find out on Sunday ! This is the one with the needle roller bearings in the rear arm .
Note the brakes ( Thanks Rob ) ONE question , what oil in the shocks , i am about 170 lbs , at the moment i have ATF in the shock ,but think its too light , look at the pics ,any hope ? let you know later p.s. yes i know there is a PROFLEX forum, but you guys are a lot more forthcoming :D
photo0296m.jpg

photo0299s.jpg

photo0299s.jpg

photo0301o.jpg

photo0298f.jpg

photo0300z.jpg

This bike will not get a new paint job ,but get used :cool:
Many thanks to all that helped with the build of this bike , :D :D ROY

i like it but then I am slighly biased. did i see that on ebay recently - mismatching yellow/black rims seems familiar..... answerijng my own q; no, twas yellow/black tyres.

$T2eC16ZHJIIE9qTYLSkqBRkmhWsSBQ~~60_58.JPG

At least you can change the tyre for about £10-25 ,so you might have apair of YELLOW wheels !
What oil are you using in the shocks ? I am using ATF and thick it is too light an oil so there is no damping on the return of the shock , any help most welcome ,please. yes the wheels are the e-bay ones (got anothere pair on a Delta Vee all black ) ,just love Cane Creek stuff the brakes just look right ,

me? my proflex shock does not need oil - converted rear end to fox float air shock, z1 bombers up front.

youo can buy bottles of Rock shox syspension fluid in different weight - buy 2 different weights and then mix it up; there are probably cheaper ways of doing this.

Nice, which shock are you taling about? the rear? (looks like an ODS?), or the front? (looks like a Noleen NR 1 or 2).
The Noleen front shock should have air (nitrogen) and oil in there to control the rebound.
Usually anything marked "MTB" or "Rockshox" will be marked up by 200%, you can probably get some oil used for motorbike shocks cheaper.

Back