RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 3: Warwickshire ~ 08/06/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a crack team of riders are lining up for this! I'm glad your coming Dave :) Anyone one else up for it?

Reccy ride with Matt lasted a whole 7 miles and then ended with a mechanical of an 'Italian' nature. I shall say now more....

For those who wish to camp, the good lady has offered to make us a chilli, so let me know if you are veggie or not in this thread or by PM.

Karl

Reccy ride with Matt lasted a whole 7 miles and then ended with a mechanical of an 'Italian' nature. I shall say now more....

Oh please tell us more!?!? were not going to hear it from Action man are we?? :LOL:

daj":3m40xji7 said:

Oh please tell us more!?!? were not going to hear it from Action man are we?? :LOL:

Think back to the first Brewery ride and Ed's bottom bracket and there you have it!!

At first i thought he was just being a gentleman and struggling on the climbs to make me look better but the bottom bracket unscrewing and pulling the left crank arm onto the frame certainly slowed him down :) I cannot comment any further!!

tentative yes!!! Off to Hereford that weekend for a family birthday.....so may drop by on the way to do the short ride. The good lady is interested as well......

markyp":hksp7ce8 said:
tentative yes!!! Off to Hereford that weekend for a family birthday.....so may drop by on the way to do the short ride. The good lady is interested as well......

It would be good to have you and the good lady along Mark. The shorter route will be led by my 'employer' so should progress at a nice steady pace. Sadly only a few small climbs for you to demonstrate your prowess on. :)

ededwards":37y6w6kd said:
I'm on for this one.

Will you be bringing your campag bottom bracket spanner thingy with you? Especially as there will be two of you present with past bb woes!

Did a very soggy reccy of the shorter route tonight. If anyone is interested it is 35 - 36 miles in total with the pub stop at 28.5, leaving a 7 mile jaunt back to the brewery.

And especially for Ed the Continental there will be a very short section of Atherstone 'pave'.

Rescheduled long route reccy on Sunday, mainly to confirm mileage and Matts bb....

Dont forget to let me know what chilli you want if you are camping.

plenty of miles on the bb since the repair, and there seems to be getting more and more pave around here, the roads are rough

I missed last years warwickshire round and was gutted so defo coming to this one, be careful with me now i have not rode me road bike for years.

thanks andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back