Scottish independence

It is right that it's up to the Scot's but I don't think that it should be an in/out choice.

It's a pity that a more devolved scottish government with more tax raising powers wasn't on the ballot - just keeping defence, monetary and other such policies as being common - more of a Federal system - like the US. A lot of Scot's I know would go for this and it could work well for all of us - fairer for the English too. While we're at it the Welsh and Nr Irish should have the chance too.

I think full independence could be really messy and bad for all involved with all the other challenges we face globally.

Salmonds probably one of the smartest politicians in the UK right now IMO, he seems to run rings around the rest. Can't say I like him though - a bit too smug.

Hopefully an independent scotland will still let us on their trails though and won't impose import/export duty on eBay purchases!!

Can I declare my children Scottish to get free education? That's so expensive, I cannot afford my children's university education, they'll end up £50,000 in debt before they are 21, That's more debt before you can get an IVA for having problems.

Alison

We have not given up, but there is nothing like realism.

Cameron has proffered further powers for Scotland if they tow the line.

Why not pass them now?

I would have been 100% behind 'devo max'.

Isaac_AG":nrch8mte said:
To me I think, if the majority of Scotland wants to be independent, what's the problem with them being so?
The majority (around 66% usually) do not want it. It won't happen. Plus it's not really independence when you're desperate to join the EU and be run from Brussels. Break from one more powerful neighbour and join another even bigger?

The sooner Salmond gets his comeuppance (although he'll still spin it to his advantage somehow) the better. If only we had a Farage type up here proposing to disband the Scottish Parliament and renounce devolution altogether...

For something only supported by 30% (pretty static for decades btw) it is outrageous the amount of airtime and media coverage independence gets. Salmond's puppet running the show lives across the road from me, he'll not be looking so smug when he loses the referendum as well as the plot.
http://www.thinkscotland.org/todays-thi ... full=11885

As for Farage he should have done a Prescott and malkied those student fuds. What a riddy for Edinburgh.

Ah, the wonderful Alex Salmond stoking the flames to feed his own notoriety. After all, he's the only man in the world who seems not to understand the conventions that govern national borders and territorial waters when licking his lips over 'Scottish' oil.

I say we let Scotland have It's independence. The rest of the UK can stop funding them at a level grossly disproportionate to their GDP, the Welsh can have the nuclear subs and the jobs that go with them, and Scotland can rely on men with blue painted faces who strangle cats for music to defend them, or to perhaps act as a tourist attraction.

Chopper1192":vzftwq6g said:
What's all this 'we'? I'm not one of the bawbags.
I'm no bawbag but I will have a vote. And it'll be a no.

Thank **** the rest of the UK don't get a vote tbh, or we'd be cast aside like the ginger step-child.

Back