BoTM May 13- Kona vs GT vs Specialized Special - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BoTM May 13- Kona vs GT vs Specialized Special - Nominat

mr_ship":3dyax87c said:
:LOL: We get one of Deadly's actual M2's in BOTM, a piece of XC racing history. What better story than that.... and people start to moan, oh the injustice of it all :roll: Guess some people would rather not see legendary bikes like this on here then?
It's only not fair because I don't live in Colorado:D . Thanks Nick...keep 'em coming.

Got to agree with this.

The only issue I have with you logo is that it covers up part of the bike - make it a bit smaller next time and keep posting these bikes on the forum.

:D

mr_ship":tzgig1sm said:
:LOL: We get one of Deadly's actual M2's in BOTM, a piece of XC racing history. What better story than that.... and people start to moan, oh the injustice of it all :roll: Guess some people would rather not see legendary bikes like this on here then?.

Absolutely sums up why I dont really have the time for RB or BotM any more....
some people have to have a whinge and a whine about anything and everything, and it spoils the whole site....

G

theproscloset":1otb64b3 said:
Rob Atkin":1otb64b3 said:
The advantage that the lone retrobiker has against the big collectors/shops/museums is passion.
There is always going to be winners in some months with an ex-pro bike or a one off wonder and deservedly so, but there is an equal amount of amazing builds of more normal bikes whose attention to detail and back story is wonderful.
The museums and manufacturers may have the priceless rare bikes but they don't have the stories such as "I always wanted this bike when I was 11" or "this bike was stolen from me" or "I'm restoring this to remember such and such a time".
My Kilauea cost me a huge amount of money to rebuild but its a personal thing to me. I will never sell it as it means a much to me - the Dave Lloyd was easy to sell in comparison!!

I don't think there's anything to worry about... ;-)

I am going to have to disagree with this. Our "museum" is driven by that exact passion. Under my desk is a collection of all the bike magazines from when I was a kid. I agree to disagree.

I Suspect those magazines are a great source of reference, for your business dealings too...... ;)

Great website, Great Business model and a great way to generate a substantial income from something you love.

I'm certainly glad to see the bike here. But I do agree with others, is there really any need to Use the Botm to promote your business brand, especially as the bike pics are spoilt a little by your companies Branding, and given you have your own professional photographers and studio, I actual feel, the First Flight bikes more discrete approach would have done you more good.

But with all that said, its irrelevant really, any publicity is good publicity for raising BRAND AWARENESS/COMPANY PROFILE, and you have certainly done that.

On a side note, two things, I would like to see the Museum collection you speak off in a dedicated thread....? im sure that would be something, what brands and bikes make up your museum collection, are they keepers or for sale...? And have you actually thought about "Advertising" here in a proper manner (if you don't already).....?, its not expensive, it would be considered very sportsman like, and im sure the John, would welcome your support with open arms.

Keep up the good work... :cool:

unkleGsif":3vwyvce2 said:
mr_ship":3vwyvce2 said:
:LOL: We get one of Deadly's actual M2's in BOTM, a piece of XC racing history. What better story than that.... and people start to moan, oh the injustice of it all :roll: Guess some people would rather not see legendary bikes like this on here then?.

some people have to have a whinge and a whine about anything and everything, and it spoils the whole site....

G

Rubbish, I have been here what 4 years and its always happened, Christ I have taken more than my fair share... :facepalm:

unkleGsif":31qx1mqv said:
mr_ship":31qx1mqv said:

G

:shock:

What the hell is wrong with people!? A question was respectfully raised and answered - case closed.
Who's whining? Who's whinging? Ironically the only whinging and whining is being done by individual's who just can't DROP IT and move on! :roll:

Now maybe we can put all this behind us and get on with Botm?...

Well don't vote for them then! Pretty simple, everyone votes for their BOTM

Race bike like that, granted it's very nice and means a lot to some people but I was barely even able to ride a bike when it was used so doesn't mean anything to me :oops:

For me a BOTM, is a bike that is loved, gets ridden, doesn't need to be the best spec or most prestine bike.

As a wise man once said (no name cos I can't remember where I read it) - "the best bike in the world is not the one in a shop window or cover of a magazine, it's the one you own, ready to be ridden whenever you want"

Raleighracer":lp36vv5o said:

Race bike like that, granted it's very nice and means a lot to some people but I was barely even able to ride a bike when it was used so doesn't mean anything to me :oops:

For me a BOTM, is a bike that is loved, gets ridden, doesn't need to be the best spec or most prestine bike.

As a wise man once said (no name cos I can't remember where I read it) - "the best bike in the world is not the one in a shop window or cover of a magazine, it's the one you own, ready to be ridden whenever you want"

Great quote Raleighracer, I'm going to remember that one!

I want to address a couple of the previous thoughts / questions and then out of respect for the BoTM thread, lay this to rest for another thread discussion.

John and I are communicating and we are looking at ways that The Pro's Closet can support this community down the line.

I will open another thread to the details of the museum and outline details here shortly.

Once I get into the office, I'll take the watermark off of our BOTM photos to stay in line with the nature of the contest.

Off to ride,
Nick

FMJ":1klbykzp said:
FMJ's 91 bi-metal GT Xizang.

DSC_0101_zps543d8d9a.jpg

z2.jpg

Im confident this has already been entered into a "Special" BOTM, already hasn't it.....?

theproscloset":2iwhyu5t said:
Raleighracer":2iwhyu5t said:

Great quote Raleighracer, I'm going to remember that one!

I want to address a couple of the previous thoughts / questions and then out of respect for the BoTM thread, lay this to rest for another thread discussion.

John and I are communicating and we are looking at ways that The Pro's Closet can support this community down the line.

I will open another thread to the details of the museum and outline details here shortly.

Once I get into the office, I'll take the watermark off of our BOTM photos to stay in line with the nature of the contest.

Off to ride,
Nick

GOOD SHOW.... :cool: The more SUPPORT the site gets the better it will become, the more businesses on board the better.... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back