My 1998 Clockwork- Updated for November with new Pix.

Great minds and all that. ;)

They are on the list. I'm going for a Hope seat clamp in red. I'll get some crank bolts too. Just need to wait for some more funds. :? :D

Orange

Sure its not a P7?? Just the tubing looks a little large diameter for a clockwork? And P7's were blue around then too?

Reasonably certain it's a Clockwork, the frame isn't as chunky as it looks in the photos. It's got the original Series 7.5 tubing decal that came off it before it was re coated. The P7s were Series 8. Didn't have a clockwork decal though. :?

clockwork

Looking good Kid, my 98 clockwork has got the horn :?
I use a spoon saddle on my 07 clockwork and its ace! ;)

Great to see it nearing completion mate, have enjoyed following its progress.
My Clockwork is still very rusty, plan to start it soon; you are giving me the inspiration fella!

OK, so she's not quite finished. Still borrowing the wheels from the E4 and awaiting a Spoon saddle (Due in at the LBS in July).

But I couldn't wait. :D

I swapped the XT V brakes off the E4 so I could stop a bit. |Problems there (but I'll come back to that) and took her for a bit of a spin.

15052008012.jpg

Oh man!...................I'm so pleased with the way she rides, I had a huge smile and I only went round the block.

I've got some Avid V's coming for her (decided against Maguras for now, but they're on the long term 'to do' list.

I've run into a bit of a problem with the front brake though......there isn't room for the XT brake on the RC35, the spring retaining stud on the arm hits the rear brace. :?
Going to canti's isn't an option, so I hope the Avids work else there will be much head scratching.

I don't want to have to swap to a set of RC36's but I might have to......maybe??

Orange

One nice looking Clockwork, but the RC35 was a Canti only fork utilising a rocker for rear mounted arms, Won't V's work on the front?
What size frame is it 15.5 inch?

No I'll have the same problems with the brake on the front. Unlike the RC 36, the braces on the RC 35 are in the same position front & rear. I've noticed that the boss mounts for the RC36 are longer, so they place the brake further out from the fork. I'll have to talk to JBD and see if the mounts off the later forks will fit the RC35 if I have the same problems with the Avid brakes.

Oh, and it's a 17" frame, the 15.5" is REALLY tiny! :D

Back