I finally fitted my newly painted matching tuning forks. :D

Attachments

• DK2.jpg
    DK2.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,001
  • DK3.jpg
    DK3.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,001
I think I'm in love with the bike :oops: are these rare, getting the urge to sell my Cove Hummer!!!

Sweet bike & good job. What material is it & how does it ride buddy?

Its Reynolds 853 tubing, double butted and each one is individual. The rear monostay is a signature design and Chris Dekerf paints most of them himself. He painted my forks. Very light, I haven't weighed it but certainly 20 lbs if not less. An absolute joy to ride. Probably wouldn't say rare but you wont see a used one very often. I think list price for a new frame is about CAD$3000. Certainly one of the better steel frames out there.

Very cool, the forks really make the bike special I think, not to mention the paint!

Nice...how are you finding the ride of the Tuning fork. I love mine although I do not have the vocabulary to describe the ride ... just seems compliant and smooth
where it needs to be yet also stiff and 'pointy' ?

Harryburgandy, I reallyenjoy the ride and maintain gears and suspension are optional requirements. The tuning forks are stiffer than the salsas that were on there but still I can pretty much ride the southdowns on it without wishing I had suspension. In contrast riding the merlin with SID, s on it I don't enjoy the sensation of twist and flex. Im going to try a headshok on it instead and failing that I, ll go fully rigid.

Back