Aviemore National Meet Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZZ me an rob were chattin last night re transport. conclusion was that 3 big lads and a wee lad plus 4 bikes plus tent gear, beds etc and then our biking gear and overnight gear then time rob packs his make up and hair gels....conclusion was that its probably gonna be a bit of a squeeze in one car.

taking 2 cars will let me pack tarpaulin, 4xchairs, cooker and gas bottle plus kettles mugs etc etc to make the camping experience a wee bit better so we thought that 2 cars is best.

does everyone have sleeping bags and blaw up beds ?

how about we take your car as well as robs and i supply all above mentioned camping gear etc ?

then the 4 o us can share the petrol costs plus us 3 (cos robs wanting privacy) share the cost o the tent pitch - sound ok ?

if so suggest we rondesvous at my bit at 2.45pm pack by 3.30 and will be in aviemore 6 latest ?

Reckon I'm still on for this one. I will try and book the campsite on thursday. Should be up there on Friday evening. :cool:

Won't be retro though. :oops:

Keith - that all sounds good. Blow up beds? Don't even own a doll...

TK - what are your transport plans? Not sure if you're coming up for both days? Can pick you up, God knows you've done enough driving over the years.

I am 100% definately going to be there on the Sunday, may make the Saturday as well (depending how things pan out on the Friday night)
bth_burp.gif
:LOL:

Anyone else going to be single-speeding it? Think I better change my gearing :shock:

jimo746":34u8djga said:
Anyone else going to be single-speeding it? Think I better change my gearing :shock:

I'm considering it. According to the profile on map my ride I have ridden the steepest section of the saturday route ss before. Only had to push a few short sections, and that was as much down to a lack of technical proficiency as the steepness! :LOL:

The Sunday run is def doable SS Mate.

ZZ think I have spare bed plus sleeping bag u can borrow. If not ill bring the queen size bed an we can cozy up big boy!

Velo u needing a bed?

The first run involves at least 2 river fordings in either direction so in case you dont like wet feet come prepared ;)

I'll be there all weekend now as I cant bale via the train on Sunday due to all trains being packed with bicycles so there is no room for me. Bank Holiday weekends.........Baaaaa :roll:

HEADS UP - called rothiemurchus this morning and can't get the 4 man tent in as loads o folk have extended through the week!!!

still a couple of spaces for single/2 man tents but move quick.

Gonna book into Glemore. Rothie took my name but they are not hopeful they will have anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back