Same sex GPs

I always prefer a woman for anything 'intimate'. My sack was torn, it had no healed up so my GP had a look during a check up for something else. I never bother the A&E unnecessarily.

Never had piles, but it is one of my standard jokes when the checkout assistant who doesn't know me from Adam asks how I am.

"Not too bad but the piles are playing up a bit."

To be honest I just don't like the embarrassment/ humiliation of examinations, anything above the waist is fine, below it is a no go area, I hear so much about cervical cancer but I just can't do it. I can't face it even with my regular nurse or doctor. Funny every few weeks I get a well woman exam offer for an appointment with both my GP and nurse and I screw the letters up and put them in the bin and am thinking of telling the surgery to stop sending these mailings

Alison

i don't mind eather way but if i had to choose it would be a woman, i will chose a woman dentist if i can. i cope better with pain if a woman is inflicting it

I have only seen my GP four times in the last 20 years. Three of those times he was absolutely useless and the last time was to get a referral to the local hospital.

When I NEED a Doctor, I am usually in A&E, so I don't care what age, sex, race or species they are, just as long as they know what they are doing.

Same sex gp. However, a few years ago I had a problem with the old feller and had to drag him to hospital.

Alas, the doctor there was a youngish chick and she seemed extremely embarrassed to be having to fondle my love Lolly. Having a not unattractive lady play with your man vegetables is several fantasies come true and quite pleasurable but I was doing my best to think unsexy thoughts so I didn't get a blue veiner, nice as it would have been.

On the subject of GP's; the Govt. are getting in a lather over the fact that A&E attendance has gone up by 36% in the last few years.

Have they considered that this rise corresponds with a similar rise in the time it takes to get an appointment with your GP.

"Doctors surgery"
" You'd like an urgent appointment, what's the problem?"
"Blood gushing from a wound in your leg"
"Looking at the diary, the Doctor can see you in...three weeks time. Is that OK?"

NeilM":1tzurfyl said:
On the subject of GP's; the Govt. are getting in a lather over the fact that A&E attendance has gone up by 36% in the last few years.

Have they considered that this rise corresponds with a similar rise in the time it takes to get an appointment with your GP.

"Doctors surgery"
" You'd like an urgent appointment, what's the problem?"
"Blood gushing from a wound in your leg"
"Looking at the diary, the Doctor can see you in...three weeks time. Is that OK?"

I found this for the short time I lived in the city, but now I live in the country the GP surgery in the next village is easy to get an appointment with instantly and if you want to see your own GP a couple of days, it's great :D

About hospitals, after the 7/7 bombs the A&E patients waiting were told of the situation and asked if they thought they could be seen at there GP's could they leave, practically everyone left, which suggests that most people attending A&E really need not be there.

Alison

A couple of weeks ago my daughter rang for a GP appointment, she had not visited the GP since she was 15 and is now 29. They offered her an appointment in two weeks!

My wife, a frequent patient and well known to the practice staff rang and they saw my daughter the same afternoon.

That is why so many people go to A&E, as they feel ill and want to see a Doctor... TODAY!

Old-fashioned type of receptionist at my GP practice - her sole responsibility seems to be to stop you seeing the doctor!

Isaac_AG":uy9mfc8h said:
To be honest I just don't like the embarrassment/ humiliation of examinations, anything above the waist is fine, below it is a no go area, I hear so much about cervical cancer but I just can't do it. I can't face it even with my regular nurse or doctor. Funny every few weeks I get a well woman exam offer for an appointment with both my GP and nurse and I screw the letters up and put them in the bin and am thinking of telling the surgery to stop sending these mailings

Alison

hmmm, 5 mins of embarrassment/humiliation for something that could save your life and/or a huge amount of pain .... a no brainer I would have thought.

Back