Another Rick Powell

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
As per my other Rick Powell thread, I picked up this bike at the same time, went unsold on ebay I think as it was collection only. The crankset alone is worth the starting price it had. This one has been set up for winter training, again a really nice spec and a lovely machine to ride. Not quite as light and sporty as the Columbus one but a nice ride all the same. Colour again is an acquired taste, I may change the mudguards at some point to black but will stay as is this winter. My wife thinks I've bought these to sell on but I'm already making space for both bikes to stay!

Spec and pics below, all exactly as purchased

Frame: Rick Powell unknown tube set

Fork: Rick Powell

Headset:tange.cd levin
Stem:cinelli
Handlebar: cinelli campione del mondo
Bar Tape: red

Brake Levers shimano 105 super SLR
Brake Calipers: campagnolo gran sport
Brake Cables: black

Shifters: simplex
Front Derailleur: campagnolo gs
Rear Derailleur: Mavic
Derailleur Cables: black
Cassette: Sachs
Chain: dirty
Cranks: campagnolo strada 170
Chainrings: campagnolo
Bottom Bracket: Mavic
Pedals: ofmega

Rims: Mavic ma40 grey
Hubs: campagnolo
Hub Skewers: campagnolo
Spokes: db ss
Tyres: continental rear, vittoria front

Saddle: turbo gel
Seatpost: campagnolo fluted
Seatpost Binder: bolt

Extras : Bluemels bright yellow mudguards

8128728971_29de70a036.jpg
[/url]
Untitled by gtpulse78, on Flickr[/img]

Close ups please. Personally i love the colour scheme. Yellow mudguards (Blumels?) are so un-usual.

Are you sure it's actually one of Rick's own? The tops of the seat stays look very Raleigh-ish and Rick did do a lot of re-sprays. Any idea what the DD refers to on the headtube?

I'd guess it is from the frame number. The frame number is "DD" like on the headtube then 3 numbers. This is the same as the Columbus el one that I have. Not sure why its "DD" can only guess its supposed to be read "RP"? I don't know much about the builder other than what can be gleaned from Google, I've read that Rick Powell built for Carlton and Raleigh so possibly that's where the similarity to a Raleigh comes from. This frame appears to be earlier than the other I have. I'm grateful for any more info not on the web!

Re:

Old Ned":3jonbrvd said:
Are you sure it's actually one of Rick's own? The tops of the seat stays look very Raleigh-ish and Rick did do a lot of re-sprays. Any idea what the DD refers to on the headtube?

Came across an old post on another forum relating to Rick Powell and discovered that the "DD" refers to "DD Enterprises" of South Yorkshire which was a stove enamelling business I assume run by Rick Powell.

Re:

hi, a newbie here-- i have this frame now, unless there was more than one with this paint job.
cheers

Back