Can't find it, But who said Oranges were overrated bikes??

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
What rot Oranges are awesome I have an 1996 P7 and a 98 clockwork and I've no doubt in my mind they are brill bikes and an excellent make :D

I've never had better, for a person who cannot afford a Klein or a Pace. But who is happy with Oranges me for one.

Alison

Re: Can't find it, But who said Oranges were overrated bikes

Me too!
Look at my sig!

Now 4 complete in the family with another project on the go (P7 - my favourite!)

You been drinking again Alison?

azaro":1p4ivr8w said:
Me too!
Look at my sig!

Now 4 complete in the family with another project on the go (P7 - my favourite!)

You been drinking again Alison?

:LOL: Just a drop or two :)

My heart is still with my Oranges though, and will always be there

Alison

Me too!

Had a couple of Kingfishers with my curry and now on the JD.

Had a clockwork as my first proper mountain bike, and have stayed pretty much loyal to the brand ever since. The Northern England connection is a big part of it!

I thought my `91 Clockwork sucked to be honest. It was really flexy, top tube was too short for the frame size, the top tube was straight when everyone had gone to sloping, and the front derailleur bottom bracket cable guide was something taken off a touring bike from the 1950`s! My Team Marin before it, and Specialized M2 Team Ed were much better designed.

Several C16R's
1 x C16RS
1 x Clockwork
2 x Orange X1's

And I can't fault any of them :D

And if people think they are overrated and not worth the bother then all the more for us Orange likers :)

I had a '91 prestige, in 1991.

It was ok, but considering it was meant to be designed in the UK for UK conditions, there were some glaring design errors such as the rear facing seatclamp slot and pitiful mud clearance.

It rode well enough but I wasn't too sad when it got nicked. It didn't ride well enough to be replaced with another Orange, the Zaskar that replaced it was a far better bike.

It's a personal thing really I guess, I can't get on with Kleins, but have ridden a few TREK's and found them great bikes, the same for Proflex & Girvins, I love them, but many hate them. I will keep enjoying my bikes no matter what people's perception on the brand. And anyway it's the variety that is the spice of life and the heart of this great forum :)

I am the guilty person and I present myself for a good horsewhipping!

They're good bikes, great bikes even , but they lack that certain sparkle this makes them mythical, either in terms of their position in history of when justifying an inflated asking price.

If you're after a steel framed bike to ride then you're onto a winner. If you think they're in some way any so radical, awesome or artful that they're work an asking price in excess of any other typical decent quality Steele (Pace, Alpinestars, higher end Saracen even - deletes appropriate) then your deluded.

Even today they don't have a modern product at the top of any of the individual bike categories, not by a long way, but this strange and unjustified gusset moistness at the mention of the name persists.

Back