Carlton Super Course - restoration! **new paint**

Marvellous - very pretty in it's new guise indeed :)

How many coats did it take to get that level of finish & what paint manufacturer did you use? also, any clear coat on the top?

FINNEY1973":edof7izk said:
Marvellous - very pretty in it's new guise indeed :)

How many coats did it take to get that level of finish & what paint manufacturer did you use? also, any clear coat on the top?

It took a couple of coats of white primer, a thin coat of the pearl white followed by a couple of coats of lacquer. Once the decals were fitted I lacquered it all again and it looks pretty good!

I got the paint mixed up at a local car paint supplier - it is good quality polyurethane paint with direction nozzles on the cans.

It looks too good to build up now!

Looks bloody good for a DIY job - very impressed indeed.

care to disclose the paint source? got a project very similar to yours on the go, if a DIY paint job that good can be achieved I wouldn't mind having a pop at it myself.

FINNEY1973":3j5sgggi said:
Looks bloody good for a DIY job - very impressed indeed.

care to disclose the paint source? got a project very similar to yours on the go, if a DIY paint job that good can be achieved I wouldn't mind having a pop at it myself.

The paint (all of it) was bought from Marks Motor Spares on Watnall Road in Hucknall. Total cost was around £30 for two primers, one pearl and one lacquer.

30 seems VFM all day long - a trip up to Hucknall it is then - I hope I can do as good as a job as you did!!

ta very much for the info. appreciated.

Latest posts

Back