Tushingham B52

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Why is it that as soon as you think 'got enough bikes now, don't need/want any more....' one comes along that you really want?!

A B52 has been on my eBay searches for sometime now and now I have one, (although there have been a few surfacing recently so I guess they are actually 'common as muck' :LOL: )

From what I can find on here and in old mags there seem to be two types, plus a prototype that Orange has;

Prototype;

Some production ones (like mrkawasaki's) had a chain stay mounted u-brake, decals styled more like the prototype, staggered down tube cable stops, a swan neck type stem, silver bars with more sweep and single bottle bosses, here are various pics;

Other production ones (like mine) have seat stay mounted u-brake, double bottle bosses, parallel cable stops on the down tube, 'T Bone' style stem and a less pronounced sweep on the bars which were black, some pics.

This bike has been in the sellers family since new, and was purchased in a shop that now sells Windsurf kit which is pretty fitting. Hopefully the family that owned it will be able to dig out some pics when it was new.

The bike has the original BB, cranks, stem, bars, wheels. I have all of the rest of the Exage stuff on the way apart from a U-Brake and the saddle/seatpost will take some finding :?

The frame is in really good order - no rust, dents etc and it is really nicely put together, with some great detail that you wouldn't expect on a far eastern frame such as the bottle boss re-enforcements and seat stay bridge.

It is going to go back to catalogue spec or as close as I can get.

Here are some specs as listed in Bicylce (198:cool::

Here are some specs from the Buyers Guide 1988/89:

Carl also posted catalogue details on the Tushingham resource thread.

Nice find! :cool:

And as for them being common, I think thats the third one on this site, plus my Muddy Fox version, so hardly common!

Do you know what saddle & seatpost it should have?

Cheers,
Andrew

Latest posts

Back