shed find steely Giant terrago

will911

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
have come across a tidy ish 18'' steel Giant terrago pics attached and wondering whether this is collectable or saleable it seems in reasonable condition needs cables and a good clean no rust evident and drive is tight and relatively clean.. only down side is spidery rust on the handlebar, obviously there will be a few nicks on the finish but seems dent free , kit is STX.. canti brakes etc rims match..is this worthwhile??answers by PM please.. thx will

Attachments

• W2 (Medium).JPG
    W2 (Medium).JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,935
Alright,mucker? Good to see another one from my neck of the woods....my turn to say if you are looking a valuation you need to ask here-http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29681 or they will bite you and lock yer thread....don't think its anything special myself,but looks in decent nick....clean 'er up and ride it (missus)!

p.s. if you're intending to get into this place big time you'll prob need another avatar as that one went a long time ago,someone else has it I'm sure!

good luck,p.

OK Mullinino, buying to ride?? i have to many machines already and i was seeking the cogniscenti among the tribe here who know MTB'S better than i do to let me have their private opinion..as you are no doubt aware better than me some of the original mtbs are becoming collectable.. i know more about road bikes as i have been collecting for years although i have only a few left as i have cut back on storage and the really older stuff.. no harm in that i would say..today i happened to come across another machine MTB which is definitely a keeper.. more later..as to the avatar, mine doesn't tap. was unaware of anyone else on here with the same, i am more often on the road bike forum on retro.. will

AVATAR ok?? apologies to chrisv40, was unaware that it was already claimed albeit not exactly the same.. although i'm a bike guy, and 3 cat lover, i was and still am... a petrol head, ask TGR..

chrisv40":2uop2pyp said:
Yep copycat :roll:

I was wondering when you'd come along :D I so love the tapping of the toes :LOL: there is a guy with the little bug, always gets me, I always look across the screen when that come on :D

Alison

Re:

Just a quick note but I think you will find that it is a chrome frame as I purchased mine about 20 years ago as an insurance replacement and it is still going strong. Done thousands of hard miles on the North Yorkshire moors and never had to adjust anything. I am looking for shifters now thou. as the existing ones have lost their tension. As I understand it, the new style brake/shifters are for use with V brakes only. Happy riding & I do hope it becomes a classic one day :roll:

Re:

Looks like a nice bike. Is the chainset STX behind that black chainguard thing? It certainly looks like it but I haven't seen one like that.

there is a guy with the little bug, always gets me, I always look across the screen when that come on

Right with you there Alison - I've tried to brush it off the screen on more than one occasion :facepalm: :D

Back