What Not To Do? Here come the MTB Style Police

wow I think i'm a serial offender, somebody please put me out of my misery

Attachments

• cropped01.jpg
    cropped01.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 264
You know it really is a cut above the raleigh BSO you so fondly recollect. If you don't buy it I'm sure I'll be able to swap it, these are rare don't you know. And what a fetching colour scheme topped off with matching orange plastic pedals, what I don't know about style ain't worth knowing anyway....

The pedals could be the deal breaker! I was fond of the Magnum as I can now call it because was young, carefree and mostly plastered while wobbling home on it. I know it was not the best but just shows how the cheapest BSO can become a fond memory. Now about yours.....?

Don't colour code your tyres to your frame....! Yellow frame doesn't mean yellow tyres!! I have seen bikes with a black rear to match the frame and a white front to match the forks!!

Bar ends I love em!!! f**k everyone else! :D

Doug

kermitgreenkona88":rdps6sxn said:
I tend to put them at the same angle as the stem

If I'm using a 0 degree rise stem ditto...

...if the stem has any rise to it I line the bar ends up with the top tube :oops:

But I actually like clips and straps, I am not averse to utilizing colored tyres (obviously!), and I'll quite happily fit an external BB to a retro frame :cool:

We_are_Stevo":dxdk9qxs said:
kermitgreenkona88":dxdk9qxs said:
I tend to put them at the same angle as the stem

If I'm using a 0 degree rise stem ditto...

...if the stem has any rise to it I line the bar ends up with the top tube :oops:

But I actually like clips and straps, I am not averse to utilizing colored tyres (obviously!), and I'll quite happily fit an external BB to a retro frame :cool:

With you on the clips and straps...but the tyres!! Not for me!

Too many colours/anodising

Huge gel seats

Valve caps have to be inline with tyre logos!!!!!!!!! No excuses for that one at all

If were doing a bike purely for looks. Fast riding position, no spacers under the stem, fork cut so no spacers on top, matching post/stem or post/bars with a quill stem, colour matched seat/grips.

Back