lets see your retro road action photos ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Re: lets see your 80s photos ...

'Pongo' who used to make AENDE frames was a bit of a bonkers chap in his quest to drill everything to make the bike lighter! *note 'Nob' brake levers....Classic :cool:

Picture below second rider is the legendary 'Pongo' in his late racing years.

North Nott's Road Race. Tuxford Circuit.

pongo_zpsf8a057b9.jpg

Ian Raleigh":272m2f80 said:
'.

pongo_zpsf8a057b9.jpg
Interesting ..... a right hand turn in a race. Can't see the cycling bodies or the police allowing this in modern times

Morning all,

Well i had to add to this thread. Unfortunately i do not believe that a pic of me exists whilst moving!!! Some things have not changed!!! :D I think that Montello's comment about hair applies in my case as much as in others too.
I am at the stage in life where i have to believe that my hair has gone forever and this is not as a result of a high hairline (which i have/had!) and as my daughter says, "Dad, you're bald." Bad enough hearing the truth at home but, in a playground with 420 kids and parents, i hear the wee voice shouting "There's my bald Dad!!" - hard to take sometimes. The truth does hurt!!!! :(

Have a great weekend everyone,

Richard

p.s. i'll get my coat ..... and my hat .....

pigman":6ka0nqi1 said:
Ian Raleigh":6ka0nqi1 said:
'.

pongo_zpsf8a057b9.jpg
Interesting ..... a right hand turn in a race. Can't see the cycling bodies or the police allowing this in modern times

Exactly what I was thinking! Mind you, seeing Nob's photo, to start the 25 course on the Bath Rd, you had to come out from the start just inside Pangbourne Lane and turn RIGHT across the A4!

October 1981 Hillingdon CC event & I managed 59.11 on a freezing morning on the H25/2 Ski slope course when we used the full length of the slope :)

Morning all,

There is something unsettling about the above pic. I just can't work out what it is.

Richard

Shall I post this one again.....(1979 though).....oh why not

Attachments

• mitre 29.jpg
    mitre 29.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 211

Can't quite make the date, my last one is 1977, I was only 44.
The bike was my new Argos with Shimano chainset 53 x 39. The 53 was to ride the 3rd /Junior gear restricted road races, so that I could get close to the 88 inch gear limit, and go another 5 inches forward than anyone on the same small tubulars using the standard 52 x 16. Didn't help.
If Shaun is there, these are the 10 ounce Super Champions, 32 32.

Attachments

• KB51.jpg
    KB51.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 196
Back