My P7 project

Made a little progress with the P7 this weekend, took it all apart and cleaned it. Mostly in good shape except for the headset. I don't want to spend too much on a new one as I'm hoping for new forks shortly.

Gone are the XTR on Mavic Citrus rims to be replaced with a snowflake laced Hope fr and a Middleburn rr, both in blue with grey Mavic rims. The 'old' wheels are going on the Zaskar.
The XT thumbies have been retired and temporary XT levers and shifters put in their place.

I got some Avid levers and v brakes 'free' with the wheels so they may go on when I find some XTR shifters. Or I may just go with a full XTR set.

The yellow X-Lite seat is binned in favour of a WTD Rocket V while I find a decent Flite Ti.

The yellow Ules grips will be replaced with black Ules grips (brand new, £3.99 on ebay, thanks Radar) or maybe some pre loved black/grey Lizard Skins.

Nasty plastic pedals are in the skip and spanking new Wellgo MG1s sit in their place. Cro Mo spindles, can't find any Ti.

The cranks and Pace rings will stay.

The LX rear mech now has a smart low miles Ultegra replacing it.

Gear cables are grey(and straight from the pack untrimmed as yet) and I'm trying to find my reel of grey brake outer from 12 years ago. It's here somewhere.

The Panaracers have had a bit of a scrub and they, as well as the XT v brakes, will be staying.

Before:

main.php

Now:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

well

I have a 97, and it has Ahead. but it also has different stickers then yours, and some really cheap seatpost. I would say yours is a 95?

That's very nice that is. :cool:

The nickel P7s do look the biz'.

It's older than 98 too. Canti cable hanger gives it away, got to be 96 at the very latest, probably 95

market

should I maybe export my frame to the uk?

honestly it's not by far the best ride around, I'll sell mine when I can afford something faster.

But yours had XT topmounts?

cherrybomb":21hsoh7z said:
That's very nice that is. :cool:

The nickel P7s do look the biz'.

It's older than 98 too. Canti cable hanger gives it away, got to be 96 at the very latest, probably 95

I think you're probably right (and captain8track) I think I used some info from Orange website to make my age guess, most likely got it wrong.

Clockwork davo, sorry, Citrus rims still earmarked for the Zaskar.

After almost a year I have found an almost perfect grey Flite Ti which will be popped on to my NOS USE seat post. Paid far too much on ebay then missed another which went for half the price. (just seen a yellow Flite in the For Sale section, makes me feel much happier about the price I paid for my grey one)

Stll looking for a pair of useable Umma Gummas and grey Ules.

jim-laden":2ny1imqf said:
Not a '95!!!

Mine is a '95 and it has the rear facing seat clamp.

96 then...

Jim

Yeah, that was my original 'guess' in the first post but Orange site had forward facing clamps as '98 onwards.

I'm settling on '96.

Back