GT Zaskar or Pantera ?

Great work so far, had that bike in my watch list and forgot all about it (as usual :facepalm: ).

Nice of you to share the address of that paint stripping place, that's pretty useful to me as I'm only down the road.

If you're keen to get the bike up and running I have some forks sitting here doing nothing.They're pretty light, 1&1/8" threaded, 150mm steerer, approx 400mm axel to crown, LUNG-I stamped on the dropouts and shiney black paint in need of a couple of touch ups. If you're local to the Wolverhampton area (I'm guessing you are) and can collect, you can come and get them for nowt. Pm me if you're interested.

weeman_mtb":3elg2m62 said:
Great work so far, had that bike in my watch list and forgot all about it (as usual :facepalm: ).

Cheers :) and thanks for the offer of the forks. PM'd you..

I have RC36 on my Zaskar. Work beautifully and look spot on. I work near Dudley so quite local. Let me know if you want a gander :)

Sorry for the late response folks - long weekend away.

No massive progress on the bike yet, other than I've machine polished the frame now and installed the headset (NOS DX M651). I've got a stack of parts here ready to reassemble the thing, but I need to get the forks sorted before I move on. At present I have three forks - some no name ones that weeman_mtb karma'd me..... some MAG 21 that I bought as 'very soft' and expected a rebuild needed...... added air and they're good to go ;) ............. and a GT fork I bought on here from Simon Freese. The GT fork ain't totally right but they will work best for the intended use of the bike - so they will be going on, once I've cut a thread on them and painted them etc.

Other that that - it's ready to reassemble. Only bit missing now is a chain.

I will start a thread in readers MTB when I get the build up going - will cross-post on here so nobody misses the thread who might be interested in pics etc :)

Back