Jason McRoy's Iconic Dirt Video Bike up For Sale

£5300...!! waaaayyy out of my price range..

did anyone here win it..?? would love to know where its gone... and if it will be ridden..!

oh.. and if i can have a ride.. :LOL:

At least I rode it bitd... albeit only around the carpark!
My bidding was over at a tenth of the winning price.

If the questions above were genuine then the answer is: the ring setup was/is the equivalent of a chain-device, chain run on the middle ring, outer ring a guard and the mech is tied up with a bung in the middle to prevent the chain going off!

Still want to build a tribute version of that bike out of a slightly more modern one or a replica and actually go and race 4x on it!

spacehopper":19902xkg said:
£5300...!! waaaayyy out of my price range..

did anyone here win it..?? would love to know where its gone... and if it will be ridden..!

oh.. and if i can have a ride.. :LOL:

From what I have read on another thread, it is going to Plymouth.

Will it ever be ridden again? I think it highly unlikely, despite what was written in the listing.

I hope it will get ridden.

It doesn't have to be thrashed (I think you'd have to be monumentally stupid to shell out £5k for a bike this iconic and then run it into the ground!) - but it would be lovely to see it at events etc.

Million pound vintage cars are stilled thrashed so there is no reason why any bicycle couldnt still be ridden now and again.

I had a chat with a chap driving a tranny van on the m6 once.......he was towing a trailer carrying an original 250 gto.......it turned out to belong to Joseph bamford who had been racing it the previous weekend......it looked like it had done the Paris/Dakar, covered in dust and flies......when I asked the obvious he replied 'it's hard to say, but about 9 million!'.........I say it should be ridden!....

Back