The Shed Thread

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The History Man":85e1ddb4 said:
That's a fair amount of concrete. Mixer or ready mix? Thought about it but liked the cellular idea. Same as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECO-PAVER-SHE ... %26ps%3D54

That seems expensive, build my base on a concrete footing with concrete blocks / 3x3 posts bearers for the base frame. Will post some pics of my build when I get home..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dan smith":39qzx8qg said:
The History Man":39qzx8qg said:
That's a fair amount of concrete. Mixer or ready mix? Thought about it but liked the cellular idea. Same as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECO-PAVER-SHE ... %26ps%3D54

That seems expensive, build my base on a concrete footing with concrete blocks / 3x3 posts bearers for the base frame. Will post some pics of my build when I get home..

Issue for me was lifting slabs/blocks/cement etc. Shed at end of garden, down steps from house and approx 120ft from delivery point for materials. Meant all I needed was a wheelbarrow and a shovel. Worked out at roughly same cost as laying a slab base and drains better. And I did it with Mrs HM in an afternoon once the ground was cleared.

She's a strong one! :LOL:

Logic.Al":1o4o7hl3 said:
The History Man":1o4o7hl3 said:
Logic.Al":1o4o7hl3 said:
I would post a picture of my shed. But it has concrete walls and corrugated roof. But its not a garage as its only big enough for a couple of bikes.

Could this be classed as a shelter a la Anderson?

Why don't you post it anyway :D

I shall do. Its rather sparse with bikes at the moment. Mine being the only complete one.

You can go ahead and post your picture, but I will always be the one who broke the rules in this thread first. So there!

dan smith":20lhxqj1 said:
They do look like less work :) i guess im a tight ass :mrgreen:

I was sceptical about them until they were down and filled with gravel. Very light and easy to work with. You cut then with a fine bladed saw. Apparently can be used for path/driveway. Because they all link and gravel is held in each little pocket very solid.
(And no i'm not a rep!)

highlandsflyer":10kvl9k2 said:
You can go ahead and post your picture, but I will always be the one who broke the rules in this thread first. So there!

Approach is everything! You know what they say about rules.....
Love your workshop you rebel!

Built this last summer, still need to ply-board it, build my tool bench, finish off the outside and get things organised! Hopefully that will get done in the next few months!

Pictures are not the best :oops:

Back