So which Raleigh MTB is worth having? (Activators n/a)

Did you work out what your bike was?

It wasn't a Raleigh Magnum was it?

0.jpg

I spent hours arguing with members of my family about whether that was purple or blue.

Well bugger me! That's it! Had given up all hope. Lie I said bluey purpley. Thanks will add to sig. Happy days!

That picture makes it look quite bluey, but really they are purple ..... I know, I have my mum's in my garage, waiting for me to rebuild it for her :)

[edit] I'll take a pic of it at the weekend, but it's in a bit of a state.

Sorry I didn't see the thread earlier - as soon as I saw bluey-purple it was the first bike that came to mind.

My Dynatech MT3 always put a smile on my face when riding it.

Not the lightest or stiffest frame around.

But to be honest, it's one of the frames I've had that I enjoyed riding most. Was quite gutted when the seatstays rusted up and nobody had one for sale when I wanted to replace it.

Oh well done Kingoffootball !!You really should get a prize for finding that one. something along the lines of...
And HistoryMan if your thinking of a restoring one I've got those cranks in a little box somewhere I'm sure...

Attachments

• $T2eC16J,!)!E9s2fBWZDBRVWjFougw~~60_35.jpg
    $T2eC16J,!)!E9s2fBWZDBRVWjFougw~~60_35.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 287
DrJo":gxvsnfl1 said:
Oh well done Kingoffootball !!You really should get a prize for finding that one. something along the lines of...
And HistoryMan if your thinking of a restoring one I've got those cranks in a little box somewhere I'm sure...

Sadly I don't remember it being that special but was great for a pub/breakdown bike. Would occasionally ride it on Hampstead Heath. It was pretty low spec as I remember. Bought it new in (North?) Finchley if memory serves me right. Sold it to a friend for his commute through Regents Park.

Ah, happy carefree days...

Latest posts

Back