UKIP not for me but......

technodup":7lj9yphb said:
mattbrown":7lj9yphb said:
they are popular within the older generation but less so in the younger university educated generation, draw your own conclusion
Older people with life experience (who vote in higher numbers) have better judgement than young idealists with pointless degrees?

Or is it that old people are more likely to read the Daily Express (a distinctly pro-Farage rag)? ;)

David

suburbanreuben":3m7ivo9y said:
Blimey! someone who's read the manifesto.
I doubt that 1% of their voters have, voting UKIP only because they heard a funny language in the high st.
Making Xenophobia acceptable.

Surely those UKIP supporters would steer clear of any such manifesto on account of the word 'manifesto' sounding a bit foreign?

David

The idea of a protest vote seems naive to me.

I think a lot of people feel that the reach of the EU has gone too far. UKIP are offering an end to this, this is a vote winner for a lot of people who are sick of the EU for what ever reason.

Europe has expanded too fast to include countries which are both socially and economically very different from one another, in my mind this is the real issue with Europe, the same laws / polices do not fit all scenarios leading to huge problems. Without huge change in a lot of countries Europe is destined to fail in my opinion.

Europe is not the EU.

I think we could have enhanced ties with the rest of the EU nations not based on economical integration. This may be the way forward, and perhaps a few countries or most will need to drop out of the Euro.

Cynically one might muse on the fact the Euro was overtaking the $ as the global currency until all this happened...

I think the problem is that the EU believes social and economic integration must go hand in hand.

I don't pretend to know everything about the EU / Europe however it does seem to be failing a many levels in my opinion.

I would agree, but I don't think we can't work it out. Give it a few years and I reckon Europe will be the global hub it really ought to be, financially as well as culturally.

Back