1991 marin palisades mini project.

Great job, I've got the same bike and was toying with a resto.
What paint did you use on forks etc?

Nice job, paint look great, what did you use in place of Zolatone?

FWIW, I wouldn't give too much credence to the serial number in terms of dating the frame, it clearly has the constant diameter seat stays, marketed as "Afterburners" and introduced on the 1991 bikes.

i used plasti-kote florescent yellow for forks bars,stem, then plastikote grey pundercote,then i applied plasti-kote Stone Touch for the zolotone effect,then finish off with plasti-kote matt grey with a Plasti-kote Premium Spray Paint Clear Acrylic Matt lacquer

Hmmm so is it a 1990 or a 1991? It has the fatter seat stays which would point towards 1991 in which case the frame decals should be colour coded to the forks? Just being picky on what is a nice bike though!

Doug

wookiee":2tf2jg2d said:
Hmmm so is it a 1990 or a 1991? It has the fatter seat stays which would point towards 1991 in which case the frame decals should be colour coded to the forks? Just being picky on what is a nice bike though!

Doug
If you go back to the first post and follow it through you should get your answer,i was confused with this bike from the start aswell as it was sold as a 1991 bike but is really a 1990 frame.it has the 1991 stays but has 1990 numbers :? ,could of been one of the very first 1991 frames printed with 1990 numbers(mistake on there end??)(numbers are of late 1990)It should have thew florescent decals to match the forks but it wanted white for a slightly different look.
The bike on the first picture is this one when i got it.

lowe1677":3nmfp1rg said:
wookiee":3nmfp1rg said:

Doug
If you go back to the first post and follow it through you should get your answer,i was confused with this bike from the start aswell as it was sold as a 1991 bike but is really a 1990 frame.It should have thew florescent decals to match the forks but it wanted white for a slightly different look.

Ahh ok! Well I have a one of each! The white decals and the colour coded! And I just bought another 1991 Eldridge but this time for the wife! Still a top job and looks great!

Doug

wookiee":22x96ior said:
lowe1677":22x96ior said:
wookiee":22x96ior said:

Doug
If you go back to the first post and follow it through you should get your answer,i was confused with this bike from the start aswell as it was sold as a 1991 bike but is really a 1990 frame.It should have thew florescent decals to match the forks but it wanted white for a slightly different look.

Ahh ok! Well I have a one of each! The white decals and the colour coded! And I just bought another 1991 Eldridge but this time for the wife! Still a top job and looks great!

Doug
i just love the early marins :)

[/quote]
i just love the early marins :)[/quote]

Absolutely no arguments there!! 4 in my house at the mo and going to grow to 5 next week!!

Back