Splatter Fire Mountain

Negawsklov

Retro Guru
Just picked one up for Wifey and the guy sold it as a 92. Trying to do a bit of research but '92 on models don't appear with blue/white splatter. Am I going mad?

Hi
no madness just a bit older than 92 !
Im no expert but i belive the last spatter frame was 1990 so i would guess yours is between 88 to 90 , great colour scheme too :D

Cheers Paul

Splatter Paint":356a9lj6 said:
No. It'll be 1990 or older.

SP

Ha ha... You should know with that user name!! In that case I'm even more made up with the purchase. Now to sus out what the proper spec should be and what is shit on it

Cheers

Yep, a great handling bike with a comfy riding position. The brakes are crap though. I swapped for XT rapidfires and STX front cantis with long modern v-brake pads in the u-brake. The brakes are now awesome! Seatpost is 26.0 mm.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=105671

SP

Hasn't a back brake on it but I have a Deore U'y sat here, need a seat post though. It has its original STI's with it but reckon that's about it group set wise.. Can't have everything for next to nothing I guess...

shinobi":rrqccfsk said:
Hi
no madness just a bit older than 92 !
Im no expert but i belive the last spatter frame was 1990 so i would guess yours is between 88 to 90 , great colour scheme too :D

Cheers Paul

88-89 were celeste, no splatter, curved P2s.

7c437e73.jpg

Yep, and 1989 were black with pink splatter and curved forks (although some had p2's) Yours is a 1990 I reckon :D

Back