Frank Kirk . Precision Competition. Build thread.

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
This has been in the wings for a while.
Frame purchase about 6 years ago from Nigel Scott at Campay oldie . New old stock

Using links for pictures.
Blank canvas. Beginnings.

Kirk by rebalrid, on Flickr

Build details .. Kit to be used
Wheels are . Campag record on gold mavic sprints.
Drive is New success.
Brakes are dual pivot Sram.
Handle stem .Sachs rival.
Regal saddle.

Showing build so far.

Kirk Precision. by rebalrid, on Flickr

Still to do .
Chain and all cable runs. Pedals.
Catalogue pictures.

2007_1107OLDC0007 by rebalrid, on Flickr

More pictures and catalogue scans here and i have added a couple of pictures of my Galibier to this set.Similar design style?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N ... 512740012/

Looks fantastic in white :) White/gold/silver do go very well together (as per my Stumpjumper).
Should make for a cool and interesting ride when it's finished.

That's an amazing frame, reminds me of the metal plate between the two kitchen sinks where the mangle clamped onto :shock:

47p2":2xle8klh said:
That's an amazing frame, reminds me of the metal plate between the two kitchen sinks where the mangle clamped onto :shock:

I am looking for another frame. Then i could use the two as a pair gates. On a design thought it looks similar to a Paris Galibier.

Shame the mould no longer exists.I would be interested to see one made from carbon fibre :shock:

AH! the Paris Galibier now thats one bike frame I would love tho have. I had a Paris tour de France model a few years ago but now sadly long gone :(
Re your Kirk I so pleased that Im not the only one that think that these are worth restoring, good luck with the build. Do you have the decals for the frame?\

I also have a couple of Kirk Revolution ATB Frames one NOS but I've not built them up yet, as the front gear is a weird Shimano bugger thats as rare as rocking horse poo to get hold of.

This is one of mine that I did a while back & that is part of my ever growing collection.
viewtopic.php?t=235543

Chris

Back