did i just buy a carrera krakatoa ?

yep its runing 300lx gear on it according to the seller,and should be with me some time today and will try get some pics up, chambo34 slight tinge of jellousey looking at your bike i love the colour :D

if I remember correctly the original seatposts on these are alloy shafted with a steel head and yes they can snap!

chambo34":3766razm said:
if I remember correctly the original seatposts on these are alloy shafted with a steel head and yes they can snap!
you remembered correctly :D but now bin fodder :roll:

When I worked at Halfords I was always stoked when I got to work on such a high end bike, rather than Apollo Blizzards!

One of my must have bikes from back then, wanted one as my first mtb, ended up with a Raleigh Mustang which I upgraded as much as possible until I got my first Karakoram, after that I wasn't fussed for the Krakatoa!

chambo34":g0tu3zes said:
can you salvage the frame though? a new post 26.4mm iirc? should be easily available.
would take some time filing the old one out but it could be done with patiance

painter09":ltr993jx said:
chambo34":ltr993jx said:
can you salvage the frame though? a new post 26.4mm iirc? should be easily available.
would take some time filing the old one out but it could be done with patiance

:shock:

caustic soda :?:

Not too sure what's wrong with that, esp for £25. I'd be tempted for that cash just for something to ride to the shops on. These were low end mountain bikes and a step above ATBs / BSOs from memory.

Latest posts

Back