FW Evans Very Early MTB for Sale - NOW SOLD

PeterAnderson

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone this is my first post.

I have a very early FW Evans MTB for sale. I bought it from FW Evans in Kingston-upon-Thames. They told me that it was the 5th one that had been built. It has a centre wheel mounted dynamo and a Brookes leather saddle. In the attached photo the saddle looks a little mucky that is because it is covered in Mink Oil (a leather preservative). It was used between about 1982 and 1986 as my Police Home Beat bike, since then it has been kept in a garage. It has obvious signs of regular useage and some surface rusting - nothing serious. And has just been fully overhalled by a highly qualified Sigma bike mechanic.

Asking price £250

I am based near Guildford, Surrey and the bike is with the mechanic in Leatherhead

Attachments

• bike1_3.jpg
    bike1_3.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 877
  • bike2-3.jpg
    bike2-3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 877
  • bike3_3.jpg
    bike3_3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 876
  • bike4_3.jpg
    bike4_3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 875
Re: FW Evans Very Early MTB for Sale

Many thanks for the link Guru - hope that works OK. If not I will get my very clever brother to do it.

A mate of mine bought one of these for £10 at a boot sale a few months ago! I've been trying to buy it off him ever since, and I'm not giving up!

ooh nice. I'd keep it and ride it if I were you as you'll never get another one.

Back