BoTM May 13- Kona vs GT vs Specialized Special - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BoTM May 13- Kona vs GT vs Specialized Special - Nominat

mtbdave":hbr069nn said:
Two matey ;)
Very nice that,and very historic

Think we should have a ex pro's bike special month get em all together,yeti's,Raleigh's etc as a few have appeared of late?

We are currently curating these authentic race bikes to be display in our "museum". We are looking for collectors who have these bikes and sourcing them to be on display both on our site as well as our showroom.

Ride on!

/nm

Nice bike, does that BIG logo mean you are selling it or just advertising?

Specialized S-Works steel

main.php

main.php

Specs:
Frame: Specialized S-Works steel
Fork: Tange
Headset: Specialized steel
Stem: Nitto Dirt-Drop
Handlebar: One One Midge
Bartape: Cinelli cork
Brakelevers: Shimano
Brakes: Interloc Widget
Seatpost: Nitto Specialized S-Works
Seat: Selle Italia Flite
Hubset: White Industries
Skewers: Salsa titanium
Rims: Araya RM-14
Tires: Panaracer Smoke II and Dart II
Bracket: Specialized titanium
Crankarms: Shimano Deore XT
Chainring: Surly stainless 34
Pedals: Crank Bros Eggbeater SL
Chain: Shimano
Cassette: Surly stainless 18
Tensioner: Surly
Bottlecage: King stainless

SlavaLotta":3i1ya61y said:

This bike is not for sale... It is part of our museum.

Before I get shot down, can I ask what the feeling is regarding nominations from a person and ownership of a bike to a collective whether that's a shop, museum or other non-for profit organisation?

The reason I ask is that technically, we could have nominations from other museums of incredibly rare, one-off, bespoke, or totally original, or never seen before machines that whilst are truely of wonder and awe, could blitz us, the lowly average retrobikers bikes out of the water.

Yes, the proof is in the voting and I apologise if this has been raised before. I'm just curious what the view is and whether it's in the spirit of the competition.

al-onestare":29ive1c2 said:
The reason I ask is that technically, we could have nominations from other museums of incredibly rare, one-off, bespoke, or totally original, or never seen before machines that whilst are truely of wonder and awe, could blitz us, the lowly average retrobikers bikes out of the water..

Maybe step up your game so you could compete?

al-onestare":170jfzxc said:
Before I get shot down, can I ask what the feeling is regarding nominations from a person and ownership of a bike to a collective whether that's a shop, museum or other non-for profit organisation?

The reason I ask is that technically, we could have nominations from other museums of incredibly rare, one-off, bespoke, or totally original, or never seen before machines that whilst are truely of wonder and awe, could blitz us, the lowly average retrobikers bikes out of the water.

Yes, the proof is in the voting and I apologise if this has been raised before. I'm just curious what the view is and whether it's in the spirit of the competition.

Good point

ameybrook":170jfzxc said:

:roll:

ameybrook":376czisu said:
al-onestare":376czisu said:
The reason I ask is that technically, we could have nominations from other museums of incredibly rare, one-off, bespoke, or totally original, or never seen before machines that whilst are truely of wonder and awe, could blitz us, the lowly average retrobikers bikes out of the water..

Thanks for your insight. Extremely valuable. Any other pearls of wisdom?

theproscloset":2t1llgue said:
SlavaLotta":2t1llgue said:

This bike is not for sale... It is part of our museum.

No offense Nick and that's a great bike for sure, but here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=254563&p=1907872#p1907872 just 2 weeks ago, you were "open to offers on the NED bike, you can PM for details."

In any case, that's a cool bike. What other bikes are going into your museum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back