17" RekTek Titanium

Cool! I like the gray on gray with the m950 series stuff. The yellow sets it off really well too. This is going to really sweet.

Hi Roy,

Sorry for the late reply but I finally had some time this last week to work on the bike, sucks having to work out of town all the time and doing house renovations.

The RekTek is pretty well finished, I just have to adjust the rear derailleur and clip the cable. I wish the Syncros Ti seatpost had the same finish as the frame, stem and bars!!! I also love how the XTR M95X components look with titanium parts.

Attachments

• 10 Resize.jpg
    10 Resize.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 635
  • 11 Resize.jpg
    11 Resize.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 635
  • 12 Resize.jpg
    12 Resize.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 636
  • 13 Resize.jpg
    13 Resize.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 637
  • 17 Resize.jpg
    17 Resize.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 635
oh ya baby!!!! :shock:
now we're talkin'!!!!
that looks nice.
gotta love ti!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
grey xtr goes well too.
now i really want the one for sale on my craigslist. :LOL: :LOL:
mine is done too.
might have seen it in the harald bike show thread.
have to do a full photo shoot this weekend.
roy

i'd want to put a set of black forks on it, or paint the existing black to make it all stealthy.

other than that, very clean/classy build. :cool:

any ideas on the year? doesn't look like there's a canti stop on the rear.

Trust me, I have been thinking about black forks all the time but couldn't find anything for that time period, but I think the yellow Judy's look good!!

I got the frame off the original owner and it is a 94. Yep, no canti stop but that is what the little titanium tube is really for, it is a cable guide like the Kona's had except they were on a seat collar. If you look straight down the bike, the little titanium tube is bent and centers the brake cable for your cable hanger. I just ran the rear derailleur cable through the tube since I put v-brakes on the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_1065 Resize.jpg
    IMG_1065 Resize.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 353
Back