Question about Magura HS33

PIGEON

Retro Guru
While trying to fit a pair of HS33s to a new fork I found out that the silver bracket thingy that's supposed to sit on the inside of the fork leg is in the wrong angle and prevents the whole unit from being fitted properly. How do I adjust this thing, or can I even remove it alltogether? (some versions of Magura hydraulic rim brakes don't seem to have them?)

This picture might make it more clear what I'm actually talking about:

hs33.jpg

Thanks!

You should be able to move that around to get it into the right angle for your forks, it may be very stiff/stuck though, I think last time I had to do this I used a close fitting spanner or two to move it around.

loosen off the front bolt, if I remember right it is held in place by interlocking teeth so youll have to loosen it of far enough for them to move. once its moving mount it on the bike and pump the brakes and it will find its place then tighten back up.
I hope that makes sence, there should be a vid or two on you tube

Some have teeth, the earlier ones use a conical taper. Typically a small, sharp tap with a hammer is enough to loosen it.

Loosen off the bolt at the front and turn the silver arm with a 13mm spanner on the flats.
They are like a bag of bolts when you're fitting them, but once set up you'll never need to touch your brake adjustment again.

The arms are needed to stop the brake pistons being pushed outwards, pivoting on the brake bolt.
The arms should sit against the inside face of the stays or fork blades, set either above or below the pivot bolt, whichever is best for tyre clearance etc.

They aren't used on the newer set-ups which use the EVO2 mounts (below) but they are needed for the older HS33s.
large_evo2mount2.jpg

This can be retro-fitted to your HS33s, currently only £9.99 at TartyBikes.

All the best

Back