Club rides and retro's

Richie,

Are you in the UK?

I saw a documentary - and the link is here somewhere about pro riders tubs in storage in a cellar in Holland(i think) - they stayed there for a year at least before they were used. This causes me problems as i have a new set (bought today) which i want to use soon - ie in a few weeks time and not next year!!! I will be in touch if i find the tubs you mentioned - my memory is actually worse than a goldfish's!!!

Richard

I am in Buckinghamshire, Gerrards Cross - look out for a fatman in a Super U maillot astride Monsieur Fignon's bike - I wish!

I've ridden tubs straight out of the shop/jiffy bag, with no problem at all.
They do seem a bit tougher for some time spent "conditioning" in the dark with air in, but your other option for this is to inflate them with Vittoria Pit Stop gunk, topping up with a track pump. adds 18 grammes apparently, but I never noticed.

i may have a source for Schwalbe tubs, more to follow.....

a dutch cellar, smelling of rubber? I think I may have spent some time there!
Richie

Richie,

The Dutch celler is even more expensive than Schwalbes!!!!! The thread you should look for was written by 'i wasyoungonce' i think.

i am sorry i have not had time to look for the tubs - if you can wait until the weekend i will have a look - life is v busy here at the moment and time is precious.

I have PMed you.

Richard

A tub could be more expensive than a heroin habbit. I think tbs are more fun though. I am resolved to buying a pair of tubs per month now so I can have a load stretching on rims. This is impoartant as I have two frames on there way both of which will have tubular wheels. That's three bikes to be riden with tubs. I am going to needs lots of tubs now.

Part of the reason why I needed a bigger shop and why I moved into one is so I can develop a tub habbit. More glue on order

I use tape currently but removing a puntured tub is harder with tape than with glue I have found. Tape works well though and I will use it again, I have lots of tape.

Back