Rossin Novus?

dg91130

Dirt Disciple
Hi all does anyone have any info on these, I can't seem to find anything anywhere on the interweb. I have one and it looks to be an entry level bike with a mix of campag avanti, miche brake/bearing components, ambrosio gentlemen rims. So not high end by any means but all reliable and serviceable and at a guess late 90's?

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow of the bike in its current guise but in the meantime wondered if anyone has any info on these, there doesn't seem to be anything?

Thanks one and all

OK this is a poor quality iphone pictuer but here goes...I'll try and get some better ones at the weekend, I need to freshen up the bar tape and put a new saddle on when i get time next week but I'm still pondering colours (honey + honey, white + white, or black + black) not yet decided.

If anyone has any knowledge of these it would be brilliant, there seems to be a lack of any over the internet? a rather pricey nos red frameset is currently for sale on German ebay but the seller doesnt say much about the history of the model.

Hi,

I have a Prestige and there is very little info out there - i will have a look at my links and see if i can help but it might be tomorrow before i get a chance to check.

Richard

Brilliant thanks very much, ideally would like to know if they built them up with higher end componentry, i appreciate this can be all about personal preferences at the time buyers purchase, but if I do decide to upgrade I would like to go with what Rossin would have been equipping them with really. Going to draft up a message to Rossin this evening to see if I have any luck there.

A prestige you say? Ooh wow the pictures I have seen of them they look like beautifully constructed frames, you lucky chap. This one is alas most likely an entry level frameset with plain Columbus GARA OR tubing (heaviest and supposedly for MTB use?) no scrpits on the dropouts or seat stays, but I really like the way it rides and it will suit the terrain of my bi-weekly friday evening run from London to Southend perfectly :)

What a great read thanks, i really admire your tenacity, it's a lovely frame that definitely deserves the research you're putting in, with all the brick walls i guess there are times you're wondering if its ever going to come to anything, I really hope it pays off for you (and the bike). Whatever the outcome I'm sure it'll be a stunning machine whatever you decide. Chappeau! (sp?)

Thanks,

I have PMed you with more info.

Good luck with the build,

Richard

So I got some info back from Rossin, thought it really nice of them to take the time to scan these for me. The model spanned 96-98 and wasn't optioned up, shifting moved from downtube to ergo (probably in 97-9:cool:. Delivered equipment was all Avanti/Miche, which is the lowest end Campag of the era, nonetheless it's nice looking enough and functions well from my experience so far.

I'm now on the lookout for some Avanti calipers to compliment the rest of the group on my bike, not really as an upgrade as the Miche calipers are good enough, it's more of from an asthetic point of view. I'll keep the Miche in a box for future originality.

Once I've got my saddle & bar tape & pedal choice sorted I'll put a thread upon it, Mine is night blue so black saddle white tape I think.

Cheers one & all

Thanks Richard. They kindly sent as pdf so I copied the image into paint, saved as png image and then uploaded to photobucket :)

Sent you a message also

Cheers
Darren

Back