Raise your hands if you Ride....Admin please join in..

Status
Not open for further replies.
snapper":5pg249kc said:
dear mr Jerky read the above on a typical day ......would you pick A / B.

I live in the middle of London:
1- The shop is less than 5km away.
2- My car is more than 5km away.
3- My bike would get stolen if not locked outside the shop and it would take longer to lock it securely than it would for me to walk there and back.

About 30 miles a day. A bit more if I'm riding at work, a bit less if I'm on a day off to recover. About 1/3 mtb'ing, 2/3 commuting and utility cycling.

Never bmx d as by the time they hit the mainstream consciousness over here I was already over 6' tall and North of 190 lbs before I hit my.teens...

My riding is 100% recreational atm. Anything from 5 to 40 miles a week. Roads and Trails depending on what we're up to.

I used to do around 30miles a day for years- retro mtb'ing in town for work commute ... Looking at the shape I'm in now, Id like to get back to that. :-(

Note # A NEW LAW HAS BEEN PASSED IT STATES ..

Thursdays - Fridays are now deemed as cycling days ...ONLY ... Public / Motor Transport is to be used at work only.....medical certificates in proofs by law are only.. exempt.

Can you cope ..?

Facts ...this will reduce as a whole UK,s Co2 carbon emissions..this will reduce local traffic grid locks ..this will increase health strength to the workforce ...will encourage better eating and medical staminas ...will increase the sales in a dying sport in cycling ..will help those who are ready doing sport as cycling will be part of their fitness program .....etcetc...

My Reply ............................show YOUR mileage in rides daily then !.

kilometers per day

kilometers per week

cadence rpm

work based to cycling

your Qualifications in UK governing body in coaches / officals

please adding print outs of CO2 expells/speeds under loading ,crank displacements ratios in launch ,heart beat rest ,race ,teams events ..body fat %,splits timers .gym sessions , calorie burns muscle expanding forces /overall travels ...

etcetc..

If cycling where alive and thriving then you / others here or any bike site ,then the aboves list will be as...well.. ;)

Too much information- I have a pretty good idea how many miles I ride, but that's about it and all I need to know. I prefer to just ride my bike and enjoy it without getting anal about statistics... :) :)

Daily, 30 miles. I'm a police cycle trainer, so probably nearer 45 if I'm training that day.

200-250 miles a week. Deliberately try and have a day with no riding every 8 or 9 days to alloy my creaking joints to rest

Cadence - I've never measured, but I suspect around 95 rpm.

Work based cycling - 18 mile round trip minimum, 6 mile on top of that if traffic is gnarly and I fancy a quieter route.

Qualifications - MIAS level 4B Emergency Services MTB patrol skills instructor, road skills, off road skills, defensive tactics, search and rescue, basic maintenance, first aid. Member of IPMBA. Due to be assessed next month for my L5 ticket so I can then train others to Instructor level.

As for the CO2, I'm a big, heavy, wobbly jelly, so could we say 500g per km?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back