97 Kona Kilauea

boyReid

Dirt Disciple
Managed to get a 97 kilauea with, i think (after a quick look at the catalogue), entirely original parts except for the seatpost (which might be a USE titanium post? - it has a shim inside the seatpost, about 25mm diameter and is extraordinarily long!).

I'm probably going to swap out most of the bits so i was just wondering if theres any value in them or should they just be binned (moving house at the end of the summer so time for a clear out).

Thanks,

Graham.

Attachments

• bike.JPG
    bike.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 408
  • cranks.JPG
    cranks.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 408
  • barnstem.jpg
    barnstem.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 408
  • blevernshifter.jpg
    blevernshifter.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 408
  • flevernshifter.jpg
    flevernshifter.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 408
  • fmech.jpg
    fmech.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 408
  • fmechagain.jpg
    fmechagain.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 408
Worth absolutely nothing mate but i'll give you £25 for the post, bars & drive train ;)

Guess i'm not retiring any time soon then :(

Think i'll just swap bits onto a commuter instead but thanks anyway Gruff.

great bike you got :cool: - that Columbus Cyber framed bikes offer a great ride, I would ride the bike as it is and have fund with it.

I would express great interest in the grips and the saddle :D

...if that's a 19" I wouldn't be interested.

At all.

No.

Not at all.

Not in the slightest.

Ever.

At all.

Defo not.

At all.

boyReid":27f5oeva said:
Guess i'm not retiring any time soon then :(

Think i'll just swap bits onto a commuter instead but thanks anyway Gruff.

Dude that bike is great,keep it as it is and ride it :)
I was trying to be funny........fail :facepalm:

Sorry, just to be clear, I wasnt planning on selling the whole bike.

I want the frame but was just wondering if any of the other parts had any value to anyone (just in case i was rich and didnt realise!).

As i'm in Sweden just now its not really worth the hassle of sending cheap stuff to the UK but i thought i'd check before i transfer the bits onto my 'dont really mind if it gets thieved' run around town bike.

Thanks,

Graham.

magas":6ermzgqr said:
great bike you got :cool: - that Columbus Cyber framed bikes offer a great ride, I would ride the bike as it is and have fund with it.

In a nutshell. seems clean and tidy and tbh rather nice. the rest has value - quite a bit but it a shame to break it . it is however your bike! clean nice stuff like that will go quite some way to funding a new build.

Back