Cinelli m71

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Ian Raleigh":259o9xtm said:
Mate it wasn't My Incompetence that ruined my shoes! Being as the pedals were past from pillar to post with friends
and there was no instructions with the pedals, so don't label me as a bloody twat, which I'm not. :evil:

Let me get this right. You believe that I was saying that you were imcompetent?! I did not say that in the least. I am however somewhat puzzled as to why anybody with no prior experience would attempt to install the shoe plates without asking about installation instructions (you can undoubtedly find them online today and back in the day any Cinelli shop could get you a set of instructions). Furthermore, your post seemed to imply that it was the pedals that ruined your shoes, which couldn't be further from the truth inasmuch as it was strictly due to incorrect installation.

The pedals are indeed not the best design, but at the time they were introduced, they were actually quite good. With a good quality shoe they gave a good attachment to the pedal without the bothersome compressed toes and sleepy feet that were felt by many riders using traditional toe-clips and tightened straps.

Citoyen du monde":23ccragq said:
Ian Raleigh":23ccragq said:
Mate it wasn't My Incompetence that ruined my shoes! Being as the pedals were past from pillar to post with friends
and there was no instructions with the pedals, so don't label me as a bloody twat, which I'm not. :evil:
Let me get this right. You believe that I was saying that you were imcompetent?! I did not say that in the least.I am however somewhat puzzled as to why anybody with no prior experience would attempt to install the shoe plates without asking about installation instructions (you can undoubtedly find them online today and back in the day any Cinelli shop could get you a set of instructions). Furthermore, your post seemed to imply that it was the pedals that ruined your shoes, which couldn't be further from the truth inasmuch as it was strictly due to incorrect installation.
Hang on a minute You reply to this Cinelli M71 thread and in you're reply you put my quote up
Which looks like you are having a direct dig at me! I'm not alone here as I've had several PM's
about you and you calling me incompetent yet you have no idea of my back-ground of past cycling.

Have you ever been young and eager to try something new, even though you have no idea what to do next
you still go ahead and do it! Thats what it was like with the pedals as they past from friend to friend to try
them out and no one in our clan knew how to install and get the cleats straight, As for getting installations
instructions from Cinelli in a UK cycle shop would have taken more than a year, infact longer!

Hope tonight I get sex with the wife to relieve the tension.

Old Ned":1cmf8ulk said:
Montello":1cmf8ulk said:
Have you used them ned?

No - and I don't fancy trying them for ordinary road use. OK for time trialling and track where (hopefully!) there is no need for frequent unclipping but for general use I could see that they would be awkward at the very least.

They were quite popular in the 70's with time triallists but I stayed with clips and straps!

I enjoyed mine immensely before the Time Clipless came out.
M71'S were best used with Duegi Wooden soles IMO - solid & no give with the wood.
Me in 1981

.[/quote]My Incompetence[/u] that ruined my shoes! Being as the pedals were past from pillar to post with friends and there was no instructions with the pedals, so don't label me as a bloody twat, which I'm [/quote]

don't be so bloody touchy!! there's nothing in the way that rBoTM Winner wrote his reply that insinuated that YOU were incompetent!!

you might be a bit mental, but not incompetent. now, take your medication like a good chap..

:roll:

ps i believe that ian cammish and maybe sandy gilchrist used these pedals in the early 80s..seem to ring a bell seeing them on the front page of the comic back then.

rusty bodie":3ma6o1xu said:
don't be so bloody touchy!!

Read pretty pointed to me ...

Anyway just wanted feedback on these ... I think I'll leave them for now.

Good grief, that's a blast from the last! Back then the choices were those, toestraps and cages, or big thick hobnail boots to protect our feet when they slipped off the beartrap pedals in the rain.

Moat people chose the boots...

Latest posts

Back