rare ;) elevated Nishiki Kodiak 1990 UPDATED 22/5/14 pg4

Re: rare ;) elevated Nishiki Kodiak 1990 Added some fast pic

Roy - forwarding incorrigible's suggestion - looks like european versions was just equipped in Spinners

Tc - well, nearest plans is cleaning, removing rust (it's having unfortunately some rusty places in rear, especially in tubes crossings), and then - build and ride! I'm having no exact building conception yet, but it'll be keeped in his era for sure ;)

BTW look carefully for brake bolts - what for they're having holes for springs in both sides of the bolt?

thanks!
some rusty places I saw only outside the tubes, especially in places where they are crossing (I cleaned already) Inside head tube, seat tube and BB metal is clear :) but I'll do it - just to be sure

Now frame is clean, rusty places are protected (happily it was only thin cover outside tubes)

Today I fit wheels first time, also I replace oryginal rigid forks to RS Mag 21 (I wish to have one estay with front suspension, but I'm not sure about Mags - for now is just what I have)
quick photo:
Clipboard01.jpg

Looks good with the mags I think!

no, it's not long travel version - Mags is having 41cm A-C, oryginal rigid is having 39,5cm A-C, so I think there will be no problem with geometry (I replaced 39,5cm rigids to 41cm suspension in few of my Scotts, and they were riding great)
In this photo rear wheel is having no presure inside - maybe that's why head angle is looking a bit flat?

Marcin - looks like you finally get the e-stay addiction...! I think early Manitou forks may look better?

mrkawasaki":dtxx9o5z said:
Marcin - looks like you finally get the e-stay addiction...!
You might be right my Friend! :D

mrkawasaki":dtxx9o5z said:
I think early Manitou forks may look better?
well, Manitous looks very preety, but I'm not sure if I like how they're working (elastomer with no damping...)
I'll try to fit here some forks - for sure it will be Showa, was thinking about AMP, maybe also Manitou (but as I wrote I'm not convinced...)

Back