Whyte Fox rear shock bush replacement bearings

bertie bassett

Dirt Disciple
Not very retro granted but I need/want some of these to fit a 2004 Marin Wolfridge with the TARA system. Has anybody got any or know where I can get some - in gold obviously :D

measure the bearings with a vernier caliper, type the dimensions into ebay with the word bearing & voila..

Good plan but unfortunately there is more to the these as they are an upgrade and so need the specific bearing body too, they replace the glacial bushes that came as standard and wear out every fortnight. I have found some but they don't fit the TARA system; they would fit my Whyte Preston-1 but I've already got some on that. They were a proper fit and forget upgrade.

I think the only difference is the distance between the swing arm "bearing faces" do you think it would be sensible to try putting spacers in? Although, the kit does come with a new spindle (threaded at both ends) and the TARA system obviously requires a quick release spindle and I don't know if that is upgraded to a beefier diameter or something :?

I've got some sort of Whyte bearings in a box somewhere, think they're for a 46. If I can find them I can measure them :)

I managed to find some in a shop, they weren't spec'd for my bike but I've got some bits machined to make them fit. Thanks for looking though. I've only got the spacer back today, so in my defence I was still officially looking for some ;) keep hold of them though just in case I need to change the top bushes too - you never know.

Latest posts

Back