Klein Mantra nearly finished..!!

densel16

Dirt Disciple
98 Mantra, what do you think? Ps what hubs can i use with thw Hope 2 caliper for the rear, like the one i have on here, and where can i get one from?

What do you think?

First, that's THE maddest head angle I think I've ever seen, besides a bike which has been involved in a front end impact!! I know the Mantras always had steep head angles, but your pictures do a good job of showing just how steep they are!

Second, I used to have a No.2 caliper on the back of an old LTS of mine, and I was running a Hope Bulb hub with it, which is basically the slimmed down version to what you have (which is a Big 'Un), and the predecessor to all of the later incarnations of Hope Hubs and, in my opinion, the best hubs that they ever produced :cool:

Your other option would be to find a Ti Glide rear hub with a similar setup to your front hub.

I can't remember how the caliper mounts to the axle so I can't tell you whether or not you'd be able to run any other hubs with it.

Bear in mind that if you swapped the rear wheel/hub, then you might have to get a new disc rotor too unless you can find a 5 bolt Hope Bulb or Hope Ti Glide. Most disc hubs are 6 bolt.

Thanks for your comments. Was looking around the on the net and found a calliper that was said to have been made for Gt by hope. Have sourced a plastic washer/ bush to seat in it but am really looking for the drop out spacer that goes through the middle( I think )!!! I have some 5 hole hope discs and the calliper, but no hub. Anyone got one for sale, give me a holla please.

Barneyballbags":3fenq190 said:
First, that's THE maddest head angle I think I've ever seen, besides a bike which has been involved in a front end impact!! I know the Mantras always had steep head angles, but your pictures do a good job of showing just how steep they are!
There's a lot of wheel travel at the back, IIRC 7", so with nigh on 2" of sag the head angle won't be quite so mad!

Quite right. You have to set it up whilst sitting on it. Got a rock shox ario which is much stiffer. Think I'm considering putting the rear triangle from my x large 99(as I don't like the length of the headset). Thanks for the comments.

Back