Need to find 16 hours work a week asap..........

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Or i may be kicked out by the wife.....seriously ! I've been volunteering for a year wanting to get into support work in mental health, done a fair bit and just started with the NHS mental health ward volunteering.

i have been looking after our 10 month old...

Well i can labour, fix bikes (used to run a shop) operate certain machinery, landscape gardening.....i'll turn my hand to a lot of things........i think she's gone a bit crazy, but she's working already so i can stay for now ( not sure i want to ) only if i find 16 hours min ............in worcester, kidderminster, bromsgrove, malvernv areas............i don't drive sorry. Has to be on the books too...

last job was agency, but changes meant (after working 1 1/2 years almost full time on agency ) that i would be laid off every 12 weeks for 6 weeks if the company i worked for did not sign up to the ''pay agency the going rate of reg workers'' after 12 weeks employment. So no agency for me any more, but thanks.

If you want to get into paid support work you may need to be more flexible. Agencies are a great way to access this type of work, offering training to unqualified staff and long term placements or the opportunity to apply for permanent roles within their clients' organisations.

applying directly to support jobs at the moments, quite a lot of them, but i am prepared to do other stuff if needs be.........i will look at agencies again in this light ta :D

Why do you need to work if your "job" is looking after your 10 month old?

Just curious as my wife found it a full time job in itself looking after ours........

Shaun

because my wife wants to be at home more............indeed i have been doing work, but she just sees me as the reason why she can't see her child as i'm not at work and she is........

Back